Demon Shine

Peter10

It's seen on TV quite a lot these days (sponsors on Discovery Turbo). It's made my Tetrosyl who make an endless amount of car products (oils, cleaning, waxes etc). My mum works at the the company that is the main distributor for the stuff so I get it below nett price (think it was £3 for 1L). I have always been a fan of Autoglym Rapid Detailer but thought for less than £4 for 1L it wouldn't hurt trying it.

Well...

It simply rocks... :lol:

The spray bottle has "spray" and "stream" settings. On spray it has the same consistency as Rapid Detailer but not quite as fine as Red Mist. I used it straight onto the paintwork without washing it first as I never had time today and just wanted to clean it up. It took less than 10 minutes to the whole car and I can honestly say it looks like I spent ages washing it (in fact I can't stop looking out the window at it :blush:).

Definitely worth picking it up and giving it a go. I like the Autoglym stuff and I always found Red Mist expensive (although a great product) but this gave the same or very close results. And 1L for 1/4 of the price of a 250ml bottle it is the clincher for me...

I don't know how much the average bottle retails at. I could quite easily get a case of them and get them to people at the price I get them at. The issue would be by the time P&P is paid for the savings may be lost. Halfords appear to sell it for just under £6 though so still a bargain :thumbs:.

:lol: Also shows how cheap the stuff is. The company my mum works at is owned by the manufacturer of the stuff and they still can't sell it as low as supermarkets do (in fact it is her warehouse that sends it all to supermarkets in London & Home Counties). Shows how much supermarkets buy and how much it costs to make.

I got the one that you're meant to dilute and pour over the car.

Diluted it 1:4 to use like the spray version, but not sure if it's the same stuff but just a different concentration.

As an insider do you know if it is the same concentration as the spray?