Passenger side window issue

dhyndi

Hello, Just a quick one (I hope) my passenger side window has decided to stop going up and down via either the driver side or passenger side switch. It had worked without fault until the other day. Reading various other posts i suspected the motor was the problem, but when i open and close the door the window still goes up and down as it always would have. Is there a relay or fuse for the passenger window switches??

A common problem and one I had. Most likely the contacts on the window motor need cleaning. There's a guide on here so I'd search for that, although I'm sure a helpful member will be able to link it for you.

Took me an hour and a hald to do and I'm fairly clueless.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My god......the joy of forums.

There I am, Sunday, it's snowing and the passenger side window's jammed- thankfully UP! So I check out the details and find out that the motor is a common problem etc etc...get some quotes and get ready for a £200+ bill (up to £850 for the regulator too?!) or trying to clean it meaning probably most of a day swearing that i've broken the little plastic clips that hold everything together and "oh, where does this last bolt go?"

And then I read this and it was the damn Passenger window locking switch which i'd accidentally hit! Why, seriously does that even exist?! Comical.

Thank you 350z-uk.com for saving me half my months wage on motors and labour.

My god......the joy of forums.

There I am, Sunday, it's snowing and the passenger side window's jammed- thankfully UP! So I check out the details and find out that the motor is a common problem etc etc...get some quotes and get ready for a £200+ bill (up to £850 for the regulator too?!) or trying to clean it meaning probably most of a day swearing that i've broken the little plastic clips that hold everything together and "oh, where does this last bolt go?"

And then I read this and it was the damn Passenger window locking switch which i'd accidentally hit! Why, seriously does that even exist?! Comical.

Thank you 350z-uk.com for saving me half my months wage on motors and labour.

Purely for comical effect

Her - "Hun, the window won't go down" (with the lock on)

You - "Yes it will, look" (lock off, put window down, put it back up, lock on)

Her - "IT WONT FECKING WORK!!!!"

:lol: