What is this?

slimjim

Disposal of industrial waste is a very expensive thing here in the UK and I guess it is too in Japan. Just think of the cost savings that could be made if it could all be hidden inside cars in areas where few people go to discover it! This could catch on.

Steve

Disposal of industrial waste is a very expensive thing here in the UK and I guess it is too in Japan. Just think of the cost savings that could be made if it could all be hidden inside cars in areas where few people go to discover it! This could catch on.

Steve

Might take a look inside my door trim, might be some weight saving to be made and free of charge at that :thumbs:
I'm gonna take my doors apart too, hoping that the car belonged to a mob boss at some point and stashed millions of £££'s in there :D

You guys are fecking hilarious! :lol:

Anyone have any idea what it is or how it got in my door? Other than good Vik's suggestion?

Look at your 3rd pic, Slimjim. In cross section you can see 2 half round cappings at 90 degrees to each other. These are obviously made to cover up the joints in something that do not quite touch each other. Does that help?

I've been on many car assembly lines in my time but I've never seen the assemblers cut any trim mouldings to length before they fit them. Everything is so precise that any trim pieces would come in ready cut. It is, therefore, very unlikely to be an offcut from something.

I'm sorry I can't help you further.

Steve