Exhaust polishing

dobby

Well I have the copy HKS true duel and over the 3 months or so of having it I wasnt happy with the tips. They seem to be losing the colour and I didnt like it anyway so after seeing a guy detail a lambo in a particular way I thought I'd give it a go.

I never thought it would work but using 3M fast cut and a DA buffer seems perfect for stainless steel. I was quite shocked at the mirror finish that was before me. It was quite difficult to photo mind being round and all. Heres the pictures.

IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0395.jpg

The difference is clear. Its not like they wern't shiney already however buffers take things to another level. I love mine :yahoo: .

IMAG0389.jpg

Untouched back box

IMAG0404.jpg

Polished back box

IMAG0396.jpg

IMAG0399.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

Both done

IMAG0409.jpg

IMAG0411.jpg

Not my kids btw they just wanted to sit in it and beep the horn pretending to drive it LOL

IMAG0415.jpg

I have now ruined one of the pads so I need a new one to use on paint. Worth it though.

Thanks for looking

Mark

I jacked it on the fins. I think the cover was removed when the exhuast was fitted. I cant remember how it looks with it on.

Thanks for the comments. Although hard to see it is like a flawless mirror in real life. :cloud9: I certaintly have the correct car to buff up as it grabs EVERYONES attention. I love it

Thanks for the info. It is the same exhaust however you need to get it modified to fit around the diff. It is no hassle for an exhuast place to do this. Dont be put off if you live near a Longlife or Powerflow garage. Longlife did mine and they got the exhaust. Cost me £700. I was a little gutted compared to what others paid.