Single loud click from rear

Bry

just after letting up the clutch in 1st or reverse gear I get a single loud mettallic click from the rear left of the car. After doing a search I'm guessing this could be the rear left CV joint although most posts mention a clicking noise rather than the single click that mine makes. Could anyone confirm my suspicions that it is the CV joint and if it is what are my options for buying a replacement?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I'll see if I can somehow eliminate the pads from the equation and see if the noise is still there. If I do need the Uprated CV kit, do you still have one in stock?

Do you only get when you have been parked up say overnight? If so then it may be the parking brake as i know i get this ocassionaly and was worried it was the clicky axle. If it is just one click / clunk it isnt a clicky axle.

No it's fine in the morning. It will make the noise everytime I pull away(about 1 second after letting the clutch up).

I had a similar sympton with my first (2004) ZED when I first got it. Turned out to be a rear pad sticking - supplying garage clearned out both rear calipers and copper greased the shims/back of pads and problem solved.

Suggest you check that first, as a whole cheaper fix than the clicky axle repair and I have to say with the axle issue, and having heard several, you usually hear a series of clicks not just one - get someone outside to listen as you move the car back and forth to help identify the actual noise ;)

Had a mate listen to it last night and he immediately said rear left wheel area and said could be pad moving as it only has a central pin rather than one top and bottom to hold pads.I'll take the pads out tomorrow and copper slip them.

Thanks for the tip :)

I had a similar sympton with my first (2004) ZED when I first got it. Turned out to be a rear pad sticking - supplying garage clearned out both rear calipers and copper greased the shims/back of pads and problem solved.

Suggest you check that first, as a whole cheaper fix than the clicky axle repair and I have to say with the axle issue, and having heard several, you usually hear a series of clicks not just one - get someone outside to listen as you move the car back and forth to help identify the actual noise ;)

The rear pads, like the front have two pins holding the pads in place, and not one as suggested if you are running Brembo brakes. ;)

Yup, I noticed that when I washed the car today :bangin: I think it's the start of the CV joint going