*sigh*

Ricey

That vid is exactly how I fitted them..........hmmmm - not impressed.

Sounds like THEY don't know what they are talking abut.

If they recon you fitted them wrong, why didn't they "fix" them for you while your wheels were off?

Because if they ARE "wrong" then shouldn't it have failed the MOT due to it? :shrug:

He reckons they did refit them for me but there was no charge for it on the invoice.

Basically he's talking a right crock of bollox by the sounds of it. :dry:

If your spacers looked exactly like the ones in the video, then how the hell can you have fitted them incorrectly? I take it that they come with the studs fitted.

I'm pretty sure the studs were already fitted as Matt B had stacked them all together and loosely bolted them for transit.

That vid is exactly how I fitted them :shrug:

If your spacers looked exactly like the ones in the video, then how the hell can you have fitted them incorrectly? I take it that they come with the studs fitted.

I'm pretty sure the studs were already fitted as Matt B had stacked them all together and loosely bolted them for transit.

That vid is exactly how I fitted them :shrug:

Then I absolutely fail to see how they could be fitted any way other than the correct way! It all depends now whether you just want to leave it alone or totally rub the guys nose in it by insisting that he shows you how they had been fitted before he corrected them. You would want to know this, of course, so that you could post it on here and prevent us all from making the same stupid mistake....

Steve

O.K, the only thing you have to fit the right way around are the studs, they have to go in tapered end first, not really a mistake you could make unless you fitted them when it was pitch black :lol:

Pete

O.K, the only thing you have to fit the right way around are the studs, they have to go in tapered end first, not really a mistake you could make unless you fitted them when it was pitch black :lol:

Pete

So it seems that the studs maybe do not come already fitted by the manufacturer. Can you describe to me, Pete, the exact differences in the tapered and non-tapered ends and what prevents the studs from being inserted too far so that they would protrude through the back face of the spacer and touch the rotor, thus stopping the two mating faces being in intimate contact?

Steve

Pete

I bet thats what I've done! That would make sense.........lest we not forget that I am a bit of a tard - that would also tie in with something being fitted 'back to front').

In fact now I come to think about it I specifically did fit them taper end up :doh:

I bet thats what I've done! That would make sense.........lest we not forget that I am a bit of a tard - that would also tie in with something being fitted 'back to front').

In fact now I come to think about it I specifically did fit them taper end up :doh:

:headhurt:

Well, at least you know it isn't serious.. and you can easily fix it! :thumbs:

Stopped raining yet? :boat: