First complaint

Trev-the-Rev

I've noticed recently when giving the Z some serious welly, the clutch thrust bearing chirps when changing gear. Anyone else had this problem?

No mate but my thrust bearing has been replaced under warranty - it was very noisy before

Thanks Andy. It's comforting to know mine is not the only one.

I've noticed recently when giving the Z some serious welly, the clutch thrust bearing chirps when changing gear. Anyone else had this problem?

No mate but my thrust bearing has been replaced under warranty - it was very noisy before

Thanks Andy. It's comforting to know mine is not the only one.

Worth running her in, try looking here but doesn't give you too much unfortunately: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4802

I get a strange vibrating noise when I change over 4500 revs. Dealer changed the thrust bearing no Q's asked and told me it was sorted.

Unfortunately it didn't actually solve the problem so they've agreed to change the entire clutch assembly. Just waiting on the parts from Japan now. :wacko:

Hope your dealer's as helpful (but not as stupid) as mine!

Hey Trev. If its an 06 get it fixed under warranty. Is it really that bad?

It's not that bad at the moment. It just lets out a short chirp when you dip the clutch. That said, however, It possibly will only get worse over time so I've booked it in for the stealer to have a listen to it on Wednesday. Will let you know what happens.

If theres any probs with the dealer disputing it mate, my dealers is Lythgoe Nissan in Bolton on 01204 360600, they sorted it without any disputes or arguments so they can always get the warranty info over the phone I'd guess. PM me if you need my reg to tie it up with.

Good luck :thumbs:

I took the car into the stealer's today and one of their technician's drove it up the road with me as a passenger :scare: Anyway, he agreed the clutch thrust bearing was noisy, has ordered a new one and it's booked in on the 3rd Jan to do the work. :D

So fingers crossed and let's hope this is an end to it.

• 3 weeks later...
I have now had the clutch thrust bearing replaced and 5 days and 130 miles later, it doing it again :rant: To say I'm not happy is an understatement :angry:

on a ford I had years ago I replaced 3 clutch release bearings and they still made the same noise after a few miles running...I think most people on here will confirm that the release bearing is noisy, :blush:

I have now had the clutch thrust bearing replaced and 5 days and 130 miles later, it doing it again :rant: To say I'm not happy is an understatement :angry:

sure that that is the prob....?

it might be the bearing housing resinating in the clutch fork as opposed to the actual ball race.......

sure that that is the prob....?

A technician from the dealers came out with me and confirmed it was the thrust the first time, and since the noise coming from the new one is exactly the same as before, I'm guessing it is.

• 1 month later...