What colour new Toy

garygttdi

Right or wrong decided that I couldn’t go any longer without a weekend toy.

Trouble is I have found two that I like and before any wise ass say by both.

One is chilli red a 2004 import with 31K miles.

The other a GT spec UK azure blue with 48 and FSH

Both about the same money just cannot decide.

Before anyone asks I have stepped out of a Subaru WRX STi deciding that looks and style over performance would suit me more at the tender age of 54!!!!

:disguise:

I have a chilli red one, it looks lovely, I'm just having it fully resprayed to tidy up all the paint work as it was quite scratched when I bought it. (view my respray post)

I also had an Azure one before the red one, I love both colours. The decision is all yours my friend :thumbs:

STILL never seen a Red one...

Pretty rare. Not my colour of choice on any car to be honest, but you would be hard pushed to see one of the same colour.

Some of the photos I have seen (including ersen.o's) are VERY nice... :cloud9:

Then the blue is also a very nice colour.

AZURE!

If I'm honest I wouldn't choose either, GM is by far the best colour but we've seen this old argument rear its head many a time over the years!

If I chose either of these it would be the azure model as looks slightly better than the red and also I wouldn't fancy owning an import but just listen to your heart........no-one else can understand what make you tick :)

Surely it depends on condition of interior, body work, has it been serviced regularly and mechanical side of things. The red has much lower mileage, which is favourable, unless it's had a hard life. Also some people find it harder living with certain colours. Perhaps someone local to you wouldn't mind having a look for you.

Couldn't have a Red car myself...

1... They all eventually turn pink....

2... ALL cars look better in a DIFFERENT colour to Red... (IMHO) :snack:

Obviously not a fan of Red. :p

They don't turn all turn pink if you look after them, polish and wax them on a regular basis and don't leave them out in the sun for months on end. Car covers or keeping it in a garage will prevent paint fade also. Have a look at a photo of Chilli reds (Sarah's) 350z in the photos and media section, hers still looks brand new and very much red. B)

The other thing to consider is that the Azure is a metallic paint but Chilli red is just Gloss, lacquered.

Couldn't have a Red car myself...

1... They all eventually turn pink....

2... ALL cars look better in a DIFFERENT colour to Red... (IMHO) :snack:

Obviously not a fan of Red. :p

They don't turn all turn pink if you look after them, polish and wax them on a regular basis and don't leave them out in the sun for months on end. Car covers or keeping it in a garage will prevent paint fade also. Have a look at a photo of Chilli reds (Sarah's) 350z in the photos and media section, hers still looks brand new and very much red. B)

The other thing to consider is that the Azure is a metallic paint but Chilli red is just Gloss, lacquered.

Some of the ones I have seen in pics look GLORIOUS... Including Sarah's... :cloud9:

But they seem to be more work than any other colour... but some think that it pays off with the look :thumbs: