Engine Tap

SidewysJay

Howdy all, During my euro road trip my 08 HR350z developed a ticking / knocking from the front of the car, it sounds as if its coming from the coolant reservoir / dipstick area. This problem only happens when well ran in and hot and the ticking increases and decreases with RPM.

Now, the odd thing is, while on route back we went via the stelvio pass and in the high altitude the car didnt make the noise at all. Even through switzerland which most of the time in those locations we were at 1800M above sea level. As soon as we decended back down to a normal altitude the noise started again. Do you think it could be possibly be a fuel / oil pressure issle even though the noise is from the front of the block? Or maybe even just needs an oil change even though it was serviced 6 months ago.

Cheers

J

i ve got a similar noise...sounds like the same sort of noise as a worn cam in and old pinto engine.doesnt seen to be causing any issues just sounds a little noisy.

had keyser listen to it and he agreed and mention maybe a sticky tappet ?

well after getting a little annoyed at the noise and not being able to find my large screw driver i decided to give the belt a littly pry with the back edge of a sword instead :scare: so it went like this... tick tick tick tick *pry* silence. It seems my issue is or was (hopefully) belt related, cheers for the suggestions

well after getting a little annoyed at the noise and not being able to find my large screw driver i decided to give the belt a littly pry with the back edge of a sword instead :scare: so it went like this... tick tick tick tick *pry* silence. It seems my issue is or was (hopefully) belt related, cheers for the suggestions

:worthless:

:teeth::teeth: