Anybody got front and back tints???

Karlp

Yes, and been pulled twice for it. Luckily they were both ex servicemen so let me off with a verbal warning. Those were the couple of times I wasnt quick enough winding them down!

They have the right to fine you and make you remove them and I believe (although not 100% sure) give you points. The copper I was pulled by told me they were making moves to have them tested as part of the MOT. Not worth it imo, and in all honesty was a pain on the nights with vision on junctions. Mine were V similar to the ones above.

Yes, and been pulled twice for it. Luckily they were both ex servicemen so let me off with a verbal warning. Those were the couple of times I wasnt quick enough winding them down!

They have the right to fine you and make you remove them and I believe (although not 100% sure) give you points. The copper I was pulled by told me they were making moves to have them tested as part of the MOT. Not worth it imo, and in all honesty was a pain on the nights with vision on junctions. Mine were V similar to the ones above.

Once the front windows let in 70% of light you will be fine. They use a device to test the amount of light that can go through.

The rears can be as dark as you like.

Once the front windows let in 70% of light you will be fine. They use a device to test the amount of light that can go through.

Mine didnt :blush: . I cant remember the exact measurements now but they were over by a fair margin.

You got access to the machine to measure?

What tints did you put on? What level of light was let through before tinting?

You got access to the machine to measure?

What tints did you put on? What level of light was let through before tinting?

I have not got access to a machine, but when buying tint it states how much light it will allow through. I think the tint I got for the front was either a light smoke or dark smoke and the rear was Limo Black.

And Im not sure how much light came through before tinting.

I only ask as I know the windows are tinted as standard. I have heard varying reports of how much light was let through as standard.

I didnt really do it to let less light in, just so I can get the window that Blackish smoke colour which I think looks very good, especially on the yellow.

I've got my rear side windows tinted limo black and was thinking about getting the rear done as well. What's it like for seeing out of at night? Don't want to get a rear tint if you can't see anything or hardly anything when driving at night!

I've got my rear side windows tinted limo black and was thinking about getting the rear done as well. What's it like for seeing out of at night? Don't want to get a rear tint if you can't see anything or hardly anything when driving at night!

you can hardly see anything at night from the rear.

Beau sorry mate those tints are not legal. I had my front and back done and got pulled and tested with light meter and had to pull mine off on the side of the road or get the car towed!

The OEM 350z front glass has a tint thats about 65% light in so ANY front tint will take you over the limit.

Beau sorry mate those tints are not legal. I had my front and back done and got pulled and tested with light meter and had to pull mine off on the side of the road or get the car towed!

The OEM 350z front glass has a tint thats about 65% light in so ANY front tint will take you over the limit.

But the tint said 70% so I assumed this is still legal so I dont see how it is illegal.

I thought the fronts only let about 70% of light through as standard?

Seems I paid attention at school! :lol:

This is also the reason I asked if you'd measured the light levels etc Beau.