370z in the wild

Fred020

Hi,

I am looking to buy a 370 Coupe. A quick way to confirm a car is GT spec is just to look for the synchro-rev button or the cruise control on the right of the steering wheel. If either are present, it's a GT. Am I right in thinking that 19" wheels also confirm it's a GT ?

Now the hard bit. What is the quickest way to tell if a 370z has "Connect Premium" fitted ?

Jim

Cruise, Bose and Synchro rev are the easy way to tell it is a GT.

Connect Premium is easily identified as it has a touch screen, non-Connect Premium nav doesnt have this. CP can also do post codes - non-CP cant.

HTH :thumbs:

Thank you. I can now spot GTs for sure in the ads. About Connect Premium - I wonder if there is a way to tell without actually seeing the car in the flesh and fingering :blush: the satnav ? A visual check would be good - the presence of a USB or other port perhaps ?

Jim,

Just spotted something. I do not have the connect premium in mine and if you look at the phone button you will see the graphics are different to the MY10 370's that have the connect premium - so that is a quick visual reference ;)

satnavscreen.jpg

Very small difference but never the less a difference that can be picked up on! My display also looks different when on (I'm not talking about all the fingerprints over it :blush: )

Very good spot from Col :thumbs: Connect Premium is higher res screen but you'd be hard pushed to see that from the pics.

Where is the Connect Premium USB socket, where you can insert a USB stick (containing music) ? Geoff-r mentions the ports are in the centre console, bit I can't see them in the pic.

Cheers,

Jim.

Not centre console, but in the armrest cubby. IIRC both the connect premium and previus sat nav have USB connectors so its hard to tell from them.

The USB for your sticks, is the same one your ipod goes into. I use my USB stick instead of my Ipod to be honest, as have found the Ipod lags slightly when loading up the folder and music file details.

Get a decent sized stick and your laughing!

SatNav is now known as Connect Premium, its all part and parcel and is an added extra to any car bar the Ultimate Edition from 2009 which came with it bundled in. I seem to remember the GT Edition (not GT pack) had it bundled as standard too but I cant find that info now.

To clarify - GT Pack does not included Connect Premium (satnav) as standard.

Cheers Chris I. "Punters" looking to buy used should target 2010 reg cars (March 2010) or later if they want CP. "09" cars and will not have it unless the original buyer went for the option, in which case the seller/dealer will be shouting about it.

BTW anybody upgraded their Satnav maps ? I guess it is the usual story - huge price/over a barrel etc.

You need to be careful with these discs. AFAIK they only make them for the DVD Drive satnavs and not connect premium HDD systems. Eh370z (works at Nissan) already confirmed there isnt an update for the HDD systems yet.

Yikes. Ill keep it in mind.

Dont use the nav much at the moment mind and would probably just make do untill I find somthing that throws it off completely.

Actually, the first use Ill get out of it, will be heading down to the ZEDFEST! :bounce: