Would you buy one? (Updates with pics page 2)

neo-ninja

How would you get on with copyright? As Ozz said Lego is trademaked isn't it?

You say that costs would be about £150 and sell for £200 - how long would it take to make one? If it's only an hour or so then that's all good but if it takes a week then there's probs better ways of spending your time to get more cash. I must say though they do look well mint.

Give Ricey's suggestion of raiding the Poundshops a go - a couple of summers ago I was buying packs of craft beads for £1 (obviously as it was a Poundshop!) and sold them for £20! Unfortuantely I only managed to source 25 of them but was well worth it. In all fairness though I probably have wasted tons of cash by buying stock that turns out to be crap. In fact our spare room looks like Del Boys flat as it's packed with brown boxes full of crap from my various failed ventures :lol:

I know on the moneysavingexpert site there's a very lengthy discussion regarding earning extra cash from chat lines if that's your cup of tea!

S.

How would you get on with copyright? As Ozz said Lego is trademaked isn't it?

See my post above, there is nothing to stop you selling lego completed models or bags of parts (or so ive been told and i dont see why not, im not putting the Lego logo on anything)

How much would a semi automatic handgun type go for? If you could knock them out for £50 or so, you might make a killing (pun intended)

So i have just ordered the parts to make a Desert Eagle and a couple of other guns and £50 seems to be a realistic price.

• 2 weeks later...

So i thought i would build the Desert Eagle.

I reckon i will have to sell for £50 in order for it to be worth while.

I forgot how heavy it was and how big it is. When you pull the trigger (its spring loaded) and the shaft goes back and in, so like you are really shooting.

There is also a magazine that comes out the bottom of the gun like it really would.

What you think?

Slide open (normally it will slide back automatically)

gun1o.jpg

Keys for scale.

gun2r.jpg

gun3n.jpg

that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool.

i have recently paid 100 quid for a good sized set. however there are sets out there that are 200 quid+. if it fires rounds and looks the part then i think that IWOOT, play.com, firebox ect would be quite interested in these. if you could get enough units made/sold it could reduce the cost of the bricks.

if not give the plans to all of your friends on Zed forum!! :thumbs:;)

that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool.

i have recently paid 100 quid for a good sized set. however there are sets out there that are 200 quid+. if it fires rounds and looks the part then i think that IWOOT, play.com, firebox ect would be quite interested in these. if you could get enough units made/sold it could reduce the cost of the bricks.

if not give the plans to all of your friends on Zed forum!! :thumbs:;)

Lol cheers dude, i forgot to say it also has a magazine that pops out, a safety catch, and a reload catch which is especially cool when you click it down and the slide slides shut.

Sadly this one doesnt fire anything the big AK which i will make next should fire bricks.