The other day I met the guys who make this...

neo-ninja

... JMS RS2 Intake for the Clio world.

The guys are based in Surrey only 2 of them, made by hand (they showed us all the raw parts etc..) really nice guys and very knowledgeable. And wow its a great looking bit of kit. A friend has a track toy he fitted one to recently and the difference power wise was incredible, the sound was really good and very impressive for a Clio.

However what was interesting about meeting the guys who make them is their opinions on rolling roads/ dynos vary massively they said there is only 2 in the country they trust (both give the lowest figures they have seen for their bit of kit, but both are realistic) they explained how is very easy to tamper with the machine and adjust small settings to get massive BHP gains (some times accidentally sometimes on purpose), they had experience of people doing club dyno tests where the people running the dyno would deliberately adjust the settings for cars that ran their tuned parts etc..

Just thought it was quite interesting, and makes you wonder when you see people post up their scans on forums / classified ads can they really be trusted etc..

And was also wondering peoples opinions on this, is it the case that you notice variations when you get your car dynoed from place to place etc..

UPLOAD.jpg

Jms are good honest guys. Their inlet manifold makes more power than most ITB's.

Numbers mean nothing though IMO and unless you know how to do the dyno yourself your at the mercy of the people controlling it.

Yeah really nice guys, and really an amazing bit of kit they are selling. at 24 i would have loved to have owned my own business making a unique product of my own design!

Yeah Rbiscuit i guess your right that way you can see you increases etc.. I have never had a car on a rolling road so sort of figured they must all use the same tech or similar and be "kite marked" with some sort of stamp of authority/ athenticy but i guess not.

i must admit i thought it was common knowledge that you don't trust the dyno figurtes from a manufacturer, as dynos can be played with to give you the figures you want.

Yeah problem is tbh if you know about rolling roads and have had it done etc...

You don't mention the rolling roads they trust do you?

They are (I presume) RSTuning and TDF I presume. They usually give the lowest figures but at least they seem genuine. Most stuff makes around book, clio's usually a little less which is common, but VW's usually bang on the book.

As for the RS2 JMS manifold, a few people seem to have been getting little gains from it over on cliosport, and to say it makes more power than ITB's is ridiculous. ITB's make around 200 usually, be lucky to get this to 190 from what i've read and heard in the clio scene.

Just my thoughts anyway. If your spending that amount of cash, go ITB's everytime.

Doesnt matter what number a dyno gives , as long as you have your car run on the same dyno and keep the pulls to the same time and ramp rate you see the gains/losses.

We run all the 350/370Z's with the same ramp rate so everyone can compare there figures.

Re manufacturer's figures I wont take any notice until I have run them on our dyno.

They are (I presume) RSTuning and TDF I presume. They usually give the lowest figures but at least they seem genuine. Most stuff makes around book, clio's usually a little less which is common, but VW's usually bang on the book.

As for the RS2 JMS manifold, a few people seem to have been getting little gains from it over on cliosport, and to say it makes more power than ITB's is ridiculous. ITB's make around 200 usually, be lucky to get this to 190 from what i've read and heard in the clio scene.

Just my thoughts anyway. If your spending that amount of cash, go ITB's everytime.

Actually for the life of me i couldnt remember rolling road names they mentioned but RStuning rings a bell.

The problem with ITBs they were saying, (and the person i was with was agreeing) is that they need alot of maintanence as parts can sieze up etc.. (now i didnt know what they were until i was shown them on one of the cars while i was there so i couldnt agree nor dissagree) so for a knowledgable person as a track toy they are perfect but for someone who is not massivly knowledgeable they can be a right pain, (is how they explained it.)

The guy I was with had been one of around 25 people to buy the RS2 kit and they have seen gains vary massively, some being pushed up to 196, and others not as high. Interestingly this is where the coversation moved onto the rolling roads as they have found some people have told them thiers have been pushed up past 200 but they themselves said that is rubbish and the conversation went on etc.. (hence the trusted rolling roads etc..)

@Abbey - they were more suggesting that some people were being told by tuning garages thier cars were xxxHP and then XXX+25HP after they had thier cars worked on by the garage, these people would then find out the hard way that it simply wasnt true. I guess in the 350 scene it is different as there is not a huge amount people can do to get extra power without going FI etc.. (and that seems to be generally accepted) however i got the impression that in the Clio scene that most tuning garages offer thier own bits of home made kit and make bold claims about how much extra power they add etc..

Anyway all in all it was a very interesting conversation about a topic i didnt know really exsisted.

Your on cs more than I am, but it was just coming out as I stopped paying alot of attention to performance mods for the Clio.

Your on cs more than I am, but it was just coming out as I stopped paying alot of attention to performance mods for the Clio.

Its only really coming to light recently, since a lot bought on a group buy and some are quite disappointed it seems.

Its a shame, good power with no maintenance and keeping standard ECU and all features was a good idea.

Good job then, I heard talk of itb power I think the number was 196bhp. If I kept the Clio for myself I was really thinking about getting one. Shame because as you say it only had a few drawbacks but I guess it was too good to be true.

Its only really coming to light recently, since a lot bought on a group buy and some are quite disappointed it seems.

Its a shame, good power with no maintenance and keeping standard ECU and all features was a good idea.