OS X Lion

coldel

Broadband all installed...so Lion upgrade here I come. Have updated as many applications as I can think of, made a Time Machine backup of the whole system last night. Will set the download running overnight tonight and see what I find in the morning...!

Not an Adobe user myself, so can't directly comment. However, CSS.5 works by all accounts.

If you have any doubts about whats already installed on your machine (and haven't already done this), have a look at your system's application software architecture - anything left over from PPC days definitely won't work.

Top left corner : click Apple icon : About this Mac

In popup, click on More info (or was it system information on snow leopard), system information application should appear.

Then, in left hand pane of system info app, click on Applications, wait a few (possibly tens of) seconds, application list should get filled in.

On upper right hand of system info app, click on 'kind' to sort the applications in architecture order. Scroll to PPC.

Any PPC apps or parts of apps, in that sub-set are for the bin.

For example:

post-8300-135011912799_thumb.png

Flashplayer is v.10 now, so v.8 is really old. That should be replaced by updated Safari anyway.

The XML converters are related to MS Office. Could be a potential hazard if you have an old Micro$haft Orifice install on your Mac.

I prefer iWork myself. :thumbs:

Coldel, why don't you do it properly? I mean fresh install like this:

1. Download iBackup, save everything you need on an external drive: mail accounts, favourites, cookies, movies, pictures, music, documents, etc, etc

2. Write an USB drive with Mac OS X Lion 10.7

3. Boot from USB holding ALT/Option key, open Disk Utility, wipe everything and then install Lion brand new

4. install iBackup again, restore ONLY FILES NEEDED, no preferences, blah blah.

5. install Photoshop, Office for Mac, Firefox if you use it, etc etc

6. ready to go!

Any problems ask me here!

Good luck!

I did a Time machine backup last night...also have a hard drive copy. The only thing is my photoshop and office are downloads not actual discs how would I install if they are on another drive? I tried a straight forward copy before and they wont copy across and work?

• 2 weeks later...