VHS to DVD transfer, help required please

lomoto

Not quite Sarnie.............

DVD+R and DVD-R are both once only write, they are competing formats.

The re-recordable versions of both are DVD+RW and DVD-RW respectively. Think of it as RW for ReWrite.

Gus

The theory was there though. Not used my handycam since i bought it :scare: Must stick it on eBay soon :)

The re-recordable versions of both are DVD+RW and DVD-RW respectively. Think of it as RW for ReWrite.

Gus

The theory was there though. Not used my handycam since i bought it :scare: Must stick it on eBay soon :)

there was no theory, just a quantified guess that wasnt even accurate! lol :p

DVD+R is the Phillips format and -R pretty much everything else

Gus

there was no theory, just a quantified guess that wasnt even accurate! lol :p

DVD+R is the Phillips format and -R pretty much everything else

Bored now :yawn:;)

i've got a liteon lvw-1105HC+ dvd recorder, about the same size as a A4 paper and inch n half thick, transfered loads of video to dvd, dead easy, just put the output scart of the video into the input of the dvd recorder,press play on video, press record on dvd, easy peasy :)

That sounds easy enough even for me will look into that tomorrow :thumbs:

yeah it is easy :) also make sure you set the source of the dvd recorder to scart and not tv, button on remote to cycle through all the inputs :)

ordered mine from currys a while back £99.99 plus a few quid postage :)

think there is now a updated model but not sure how much they are -

http://www.liteonit.eu/index.php?option ... Itemid=119

Thanks for that Neo, my day off tomorrow so will try to get one sorted out :thumbs:

was going to cost £150 to get the tapes professionally transferred so it looks like it will be better value to buy one of these

Thanks for that Neo, my day off tomorrow so will try to get one sorted out :thumbs:

was going to cost £150 to get the tapes professionally transferred so it looks like it will be better value to buy one of these

Blast !! Jessops :headhurt: had to pass their shop on the way to get this DVD recorder thingie, but just couldnt resist their offer on the Cannon 350d SLR camera that was smack across their window :blush: .. so got a new camera but still no DVD recorder.. Ahh well next time :wacko:

Blast !! Jessops :headhurt: had to pass their shop on the way to get this DVD recorder thingie, but just couldnt resist their offer on the Cannon 350d SLR camera that was smack across their window :blush: .. so got a new camera but still no DVD recorder.. Ahh well next time :wacko:

:lol: There's nowt better than a good impulse buy!! :thumbs: