Front brake disc options

ThyJones

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what Yellowstuff pads did to by EBC Ultimax discs after about 17000 miles..

:scare: were the discs new at the same time? Have you measured the thickness? IIRC they are 30mm new, and wear limit is 28mm.

Thats the same disc, one pic the inside surface, the other pic is the outside surface. Both are worn, the inside surface very badly!

My guess is that the inside gets warmer first thus making the pads hit they're needed heat to be the best braking thus giving a higher friction and wearing down the disc quicker from the inside. Not sure that's wrong or per design though. Looks like your disc overheated with the cracking in them. Better discs that can take the heat would be needed with them pads. I'm still trying to master a brake duct setup to save the pads and the discs...

Here's what Yellowstuff pads did to by EBC Ultimax discs after about 17000 miles..

:scare: were the discs new at the same time? Have you measured the thickness? IIRC they are 30mm new, and wear limit is 28mm.

Thats the same disc, one pic the inside surface, the other pic is the outside surface. Both are worn, the inside surface very badly!

I've had the same all EBC setup and it's been a nightmare. By all accounts it's more the poor quality of the discs over the pads, although I don't think you can rely on any EBC product. 'It's cheap @*!#' seems to be the consensus of anyone that's used it.

Ebc is a bit strange imo, some people rate them and some don't. In the braking world my opinion is that you get what you pay for, think heat is the biggest culprit if you got decent pads and discs... I wish someone could fab up a nice set of proper race ducts so I can just buy them and fit them and be done with it :p