11/12 Premiership chat thread

350 Russ

The only reason I think Liverpool will get in the top 4 is because City are going to lose Tevez who is their main goal supply and even if they spend big on a replacement they are going to need time to settle. Also they are oing to have to cope with playing CL football as well. Look at the effect it had on Spurs this season.

If Arsenal lose Fabregas and Nasri, then unless Wenger spends big like he's never done before, then I can only see them struggling to compete......

Dont think Fabregas will be a blow to Arsenal to be honest, he didn't play half the season last year, Nasri is miles more important. I think Wenger will know he has to do something this year, he has his hands tied financially I am sure but imagine a big name signing should both or one of them leave.

David Villa to Man City? They still have Dzeko who has had time to settle and Balotelli. I think Liverpool have an even bigger problem up front, if they get Suarez injured they are struggling - he is one of the best strikers in the prem. Carroll, hmmm will get a few goals but wont be to a top 4 prolific level, if he stays fit?

Liverpool seem to surprise people with the occasional big win but they dont seem consistent enough for my liking.

Dzeko is terrible and Balotelli will spend half the season suspended or sulking :lol:

It's not just the on-pitch effect of losing Fabregas, it will be the knock on effect to the other players, Wenger and also potential signings, they will have no leader on or off the pitch. Plus their defence is terrible, Djourou + Koscielny + Squillachi :wacko:

Your right about Liverpool, beating the lower teams has always been the problem. But from January when KK took over, only Chelsea accumulated more points than Liverpool. I am concerned however in the pursuit of Downing for £15m+......I'd rather have N'zogbia for cheaper or Mata for just over £20m, if he would come.......

Saying that, one of the promoted trio usually has a great first season, or at least a great run to Christmas surprising everyone, out of the three QPR have the ability and spending power, depends if they hold onto their key players. Norwich I can see becoming whipping boys.

Also, I am thinking we are overplacing Sunderland in the table above, they were on a terrible run of form in the latter parts of the season and they have only invested in Wickham who is inexperienced. Expect Wolves to struggle again as well, they were lucky WHU were just so utterly poor last season to stay up.

Liverpool is a strange one, so many CM mind you Poulson is in that list, I wouldn't even class him as a footballer :lol: I still think Liverpool will finish outside the top 4...

i prety much agree completely althoug i think sunderland have some good potentiall this year they have made some decent signings and looks like a few more to come! but the question for a clud at there level remains how long can they keep hold of there better players

Saying that, one of the promoted trio usually has a great first season, or at least a great run to Christmas surprising everyone, out of the three QPR have the ability and spending power, depends if they hold onto their key players. Norwich I can see becoming whipping boys.

Also, I am thinking we are overplacing Sunderland in the table above, they were on a terrible run of form in the latter parts of the season and they have only invested in Wickham who is inexperienced. Expect Wolves to struggle again as well, they were lucky WHU were just so utterly poor last season to stay up.

Liverpool is a strange one, so many CM mind you Poulson is in that list, I wouldn't even class him as a footballer :lol: I still think Liverpool will finish outside the top 4...

i prety much agree completely althoug i think sunderland have some good potentiall this year they have made some decent signings and looks like a few more to come! but the question for a clud at there level remains how long can they keep hold of there better players

I agree about Sunderland, Coldel has forgotten that they has also signed Seb Larrson & Craig Gardner plus they should add O'shea, Brown & Gibson from United too. All experienced, solid Premiership players. They just need to invest in some more attacking threat as scoring goals may be their problem as Wickham is yong and Gyan isn't prolific.

Just out of curiosity does anybody do the official barclays premier league fantasy football on here?

I think that the Transfer merigo round between Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Barcelona and Real Madrid will have a massive effect on the tittle. From most of the rumours and transfer tips i hear alot of the business these clubs are looking to do is very dependant on a transfer from one of the others, eg if barcelona get fabrigas Man Utd mat still get sanchez its like a housing chain but only in transfers!

I agree about Sunderland, Coldel has forgotten that they has also signed Seb Larrson & Craig Gardner plus they should add O'shea, Brown & Gibson from United too. All experienced, solid Premiership players. They just need to invest in some more attacking threat as scoring goals may be their problem as Wickham is yong and Gyan isn't prolific.

Ahhh don't forget, Bruce has been at his best to snap up Ji Dong-won. Absolutely no idea how he'll fair, but Bruce has an eye for quality random foreigners! ;)

Ahhh don't forget, Bruce has been at his best to snap up Ji Dong-won. Absolutely no idea how he'll fair, but Bruce has an eye for quality random foreigners! ;)

haha true and at 500k even if he scores one goal he'll be better value than torres :lol::teeth: