Has anyone had diff and gearbox oil changed at L&G

HEADPHONES

Zed is now 6 years old with nearly 30k on the clock.

Despite service manual stating diff and gearbox fluids as lifelong I don't mind shelling out for replacements for increased longevity as I plan to keep the zed for years to come.

I've read of owners cars running fine UNTIL they changed these fluids then encountering problems. So how many of you have had these changed at LOCKWOOD AND GREENWOOD and has everything been fine?

Hi HeadPhones,

I have a had a gearbox and diff oil change at L&G recently. The gearbox has been fine since although my car has developed a slight wine that increases with speed. I've not figured out what is causing it yet but the diff is a possibility. There was no wine before the change although it didn't start straight after.

It could be tyre noise as the tread is getting low (anyone had this??) or a wheel bearing although it doesn't change volume when cornering like i would expect with a wheel bearing.

Sorry this post prob isn't much help :blush:

Chris.

I didn't use L&G but Abbey changed my gearbox oil amongst other stuff on a P3. Before the change I had that typical, really notch when cold, gear change that many Zs seem to have but after the oil change it is really smooth. Not sure what oil they used but I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you.