MY CARPUTER FOR SALE - £250 ono *SOLD*

neo-ninja

HI All,

Not sure what the rules are on getting a feel for value (so mods please move if you feel it needs to be elsewhere)

I am about to buy a house and so am selling off a few things that I bought when I had lots of spondoolies to spend but now I could do with every extra penny.

I built this carputer about 6 months ago, has done me proud and so much more I wanted / want to do with it but just haven’t got time to and need some extra cash so being that it is some obscene luxury and bling I figured it needed to be one of the first things to go!

I did a bit of a write up on the build here:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45658&hilit=+carputer

Personally I didn’t want to settle for second best and use an android based system or Chinese system, so went for the full hog Carputer. With this you can watch films, browse the net, play music and use the best ca diag systems, I had a trial version of Dashcommand with GTR gages installed (trial is now over but for £25 you can get it up and running for life)

It currently runs Windows 7 (yes windows 7!) and uses Centrafuse as a front end.

I am not really sure I want to sell unless it is for the right price, so really at the moment it’s only a feeler thread to see if some one is seriously interested then I will take some pics with my name on and get them up.

This is a very quick machine and starting from hibernate (which you normally always do takes around 30seconds to play music/movie)

Ideally I am looking for somewhere around £600, for everything:

That’s the PC (2gb ram, 3.2ghz, 6usb, onboard gfx, onboard sound, black mini atx case, 80gb hdd, m2-atx power supply)

Wifi Wireless N dongle

Bluetooth Dongle

ODB2 Bluetooth scanner

Centrafuse

Windows 7

Cubby +Jap buttons (these are surprisingly pricey around £100 for the cubby and £20 for a finisher plate/ buttons)

Power cable +fuse

Grounding cables + usb etc...

Lilliput7" screen

My free services (via email) to get you setup / advice ;)

Anyway let me know your thoughts, if its too much for you let me know, if its right let me know, as I said only a feeler thread so if I don’t get interest I will keep.

Thanks!

Update -

Really need to get it sold, have been lazy about putting it on Ebay, so selling it at what i hope to get min for. Offer welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate noticed you have the jap cubby door, I also have one and it's been playing with not opening or responding when I press the button, have you had any issues with yours or know why it wouldn't open sometimes??

Hi mate noticed you have the jap cubby door, I also have one and it's been playing with not opening or responding when I press the button, have you had any issues with yours or know why it wouldn't open sometimes??

PM sent

• 2 weeks later...
Does the OBD2 interface work with JDM? I have a "JapNav" built into my car which works with a British map ok.. So how would the pc integrate as I'm no pc genius! ;-)

Many Thanks!

Hi there,

So for the OBD2 scanner you will have to double check if it works on JDms im not sure, i know in Europe there was some regulation passed years ago that meant cars had to be compliant with obd scanners.

As for your current sat nav i personally would throw it and sell it on ebay, a car pc is much more powerful, play movies, music, satnav, car engine specs and read out (assuming the obd2 works), view the web, work and wordprocess all in your car!

If you just want the PC and not the cubby (as you already have yours) then do pm me for more details!

thanks

• 3 months later...