18000k and need new clutch and fly wheel (normal)

squashmike

18,000k on the clock and the clutch and fly wheel have gone garage reckons normal where and tear, :angry:

I thought new cars had a system that disengages the fly wheel if the clutch goes! does 350z have this,

is 18000 miles not a bit early (5 year old car only short journeys (5-10miles, plus one track day)

advise please,

Mike (isle of man)

18,000k on the clock and the clutch and fly wheel have gone garage reckons normal where and tear, :angry:

I thought new cars had a system that disengages the fly wheel if the clutch goes! does 350z have this,

is 18000 miles not a bit early (5 year old car only short journeys (5-10miles, plus one track day)

advise please,

Mike (isle of man)

Seems a bit premature Mike, what are the symptons?

However if you are unfortunate enough to require to replace the parts then I have all in stock.

If you have a look in my subforum you will find all the parts that you may require.

I have a choice ot Exedy OEM replacement clutch kits and OEM dual mass flywheels or Fidanza/helix aluminium lightened flywheels.

All in stock and good to go.

viewforum.php?f=157

Drop me a PM if I can help you further mate :thumbs:

Alex. :)

Mine lasted much less mate and it's an 08. Exedy one tho keeps going very strong! Good chance to go lightweight too and if your zed is a post 07 make sure you change the slave cylinder too. Early wear of the means there was some serious heat produced there.

With my experience of cars over the years, clutches seem to be that one item that can go anytime from the moment the cars comes outta the factory, until the day it ends up at the scrappers.

If you plan on trying to get warranty out of them, I suggest you do not mention the track day, as the OEM unit is not designed for such occasions, ans the dealer will clearly (possibly rightly) claim the clutch failed due to abuse.

My suggestion would be to take up a case with NMGB and see if you can get them to pay a percentage of a replacement unit as a goodwill gesture.