Plenum Cover polishing

ianphampton

I've seen a couple of other peoples engine bay improvements and want to get my plenum cover polished. From these other threads it seems it will need quite a bit of time to polish and I'd like to avoid having to take it off and put it back on 2 or 3 times whenever I wanted to use the car. :thumbdown:

To get round this I was going to buy another plenum cover from a breaker, polish it, then it's a single swap. (And if I time it right, probably get Abbey to do it at the same time as fit a spacer and a remap as well) :thumbs:

I'm just concerned if there are different shapes / models in the plenum cover?

I have a 2005 JDM import, and would hate to buy and polish something which then wouldn't fit on her. :thumbdown:

Can anyone else advise me, please?

Get a polished one from Tarmac :thumbs:

All plenums are the same up untill 07 when the engine changed to dual intakes :)

+1 I can vouch for that!!!!! 10 hours of my life I'm never getting back!

:lol:

Im doing the same with my PS & coolant tanks at the moment. I've only stripped the paint off one of them & I am already bored of it :blush:

I've got a spare polished plenum that came with the car when i bought it a few months ago. I'll be putting it in the for sale section when i've reached enough posts. Or you could PM me direct if you're happy to do so.

Darn, missed jubei post and bought a spare one from Nissan1st in Welshpool on Saturday, so I could polish it up. Already started with the wire brush and getting ready for the flap wheels - so, Thanks guys, but now I'll see how it progresses

If I mess it up, I may come back to you, so, Thanks for the offer

My carbon fibre engine cover arrived form the USA today, looks beautiful just out the box - hope it fits! I'm looking forward to matching the carbon fibre engine cover and the polished plenum - pictures will follow when it's all done.