Flushed out aerial, de tango'd and clear fog light

tez162003

Finally got the 350 into the body shop. Fixing a few little things which needed doing.

Basically to fit -et2 10.5x19s involve rolling the arch edges completely over. While doing this the one spot of rust decided it wanted to give, and split the metal. So that meant no pressure could be applied there for worry of tearing the metal onto the front of the arch.

So this along with a slightly un perfect repair on the same rear arch by the previous owner, I decided to get it to the body shop.

Also where the arches were rolled rather servilely its also slightly pull the arch out, so now it flares out from the bumper, thats okay but i want it to look proper, not just done to fit the wheels like most people do.

So the list of things on the agenda are:

- Repair previous repair (where the arch didnt line up to the rear bumper)

- Repair the "wobble" in the arch where the metal slightly split

- Repair a small bit of rust on the other rear arch

- Pull the last bit of each rear arch out to keep the arch curve straight

- Pull the edges of the rear bumper out to match the arches

- Flush out the aerial

- Re-paint drivers arch

- Re-paint passengers arch

- Re-paint rear bumper

- Re-paint front bumper

Not much has happened yet, but should see it back by Monday at the latest.

Couple of quick phone pics.

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

Also ordered LED fog bulb (to get rid of the red in the lens), silver indicator bulbs all round, LED, number plate and side light bulbs.

• 2 weeks later...

Where have you shifted your radio aerial too?? Looks good deleted. Thought about deleting the rear wiper whilst you're at it? Cleans the back of the car up nicely..

Is the standard fog light lens actually clear then with just a red bulb making it look all red?? Not really looked closely but if so will be ordering an LED red bulb sharpish :thumbs:

The light cluster with the fog light in it, has a normal white bulb, and a Red lens fitted into the light cluster.

There is a trick (documents somewhere in the guides) where you place your light cluster in the oven for a short time, making the plastic maliable enough to pull out the red lens. Then all you need is a red LED light :thumbs:

exactly the guide I used :)

2 minutes at 150c did the trick for me. and it wasnt even fully pre heated lol. I was mega worried though.

+1 :thumbs:

I had been putting off doing this mod for about 6 months because I was worried I'd probably melt my lense ... but I used the guide and it was very easy.

:yahoo:

Place your light cluster in ?? for a short time?

Since you are clearly too lazy to look in the "guides" section of the forum, I did it for you.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23262

:thumbs:

It was just a typo in your original post see.. you edited it and i can now see it was meant to say 'oven' :surrender:

Thanks Lexx.. will have a crack at that i think :thumbs:

Place your light cluster in ?? for a short time?

Since you are clearly too lazy to look in the "guides" section of the forum, I did it for you.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23262

:thumbs:

It was just a typo in your original post see.. you edited it and i can now see it was meant to say 'oven' :surrender:

Thanks Lexx.. will have a crack at that i think :thumbs:

Crack?

Are you sure............ :lol::lol:

I'm ordering those LED bulbs right now....it's all about the small touches :thumbs:

Looks great!

Have you had to change your camber setup at all to get those wheels under the arches?

I've just ordered the 10.5's in ET 0 :teeth:

I'm ordering those LED bulbs right now....it's all about the small touches :thumbs:

Looks great!

Have you had to change your camber setup at all to get those wheels under the arches?

I've just ordered the 10.5's in ET 0 :teeth:

What have you ordered exactly? 10.5 et0 all round or just the rears? what about the fronts,

No I currently don't have any adjustments on the camber, to get it to tuck in like that though has meant me decking it to achieve that camber. if you don't want to go so severely low, you will need the camber adjustment kits.

Sorry wasn't very clear was I :bangin:

I've ordered 9.5 front & 10.5 rear both in ET0.

Any idea how low you've gone with yours? What suspension are you running?

If I can get the stance anything like yours I'll be more than happy.... it looks amazing mate! :thumbs:

et0 all round. hmm. That is very aggressive, god knows how low ive gone, but my coilovers are at there limits lol. Id like to know the height from the ground to arch on a standard 350z as id like to know how low I have actually gone lol

Be prepared for a harsh ride and the practicality of a bull in a china shop. If you are trying to get a good "stance" then with those offsets and widths, you need to have a stretched tyre for it to fit in the arches, as well as look good.

What wheels you gone for?

I have gone with the same wheels as yourself :thumbs:

I'll measure my ride height later as I'm currently still on standard suspension. Will be going with HSD coilovers as soon as Driftworks have them back in stock.

I'm planning on running 215's on the front & 245's rear or maybe even 235's.

Currently have 215's on a 10.5" rim on my drift skyline & they've proved perfectly safe & useable!

215 on a 10.5, damn, those alloys must be murdered by the pot holes and kerbs, I debated 215 on the 9.5, but thought id try keep the stretch similar front to rear. plus 215/235 really buggers the Rolling Radius, tyres look to small then in my opinion,

I was going to get et0 but thought et22 will sell on better later on.

Where did you buy them from?