Headlight questions..

waltzinblack

I suppose headlights are considered bodywork?

Anyway, recently got some second hand facelift headlights to fit to my 2004 model, how hard is it? If all the front bodywork has to come off (looking at that thread with the guy who posted his new headlights...), then the car is being resprayed atm is it worth just taking them down to the bodyshop and asking them to fit them?

The MAIN question, though, I'm not sure if my headlights are missing bulbs. As you can see in the pics below, there seems to be two holes at the top corner of each unit, and in these holes I can sort of see what looks like copper prongs or plugs. Stupid question probably, but are these suppose to have bulbs in, these holes?

DSCF6135.jpg

DSCF6134.jpg

Cheers

Cool, will most probably :pmzmanalex: then and see, haha. Thanks for clarifying that there should be bulbs!

Are these just plug and play? They appear to have an identical connection that the LED sets have for the back, so can I literally just plug them in to where my old ones were and they will work without modification? (well, after I get enough bulbs of course!)

@ Husky: So does the indicator only fill one of the holes? (giggidy!) What goes in the other one?

Isn't the ballast sort of like, the power/igniter for the bulbs? Do they usually come attached to the headlights? (I could take a pic of the back of my lights to show what they look like..)

Also, I'm assuming that means that if the 2004 Zed has the ballasts, they aren't good enough for the facelift lights?

yeah mate those are you indicator bulbs, just remove them from your existing headlights and stick them in your new ones :thumbs:

edit: bottom left of the headlight in your last pic is were your side light bulb goes, again just remove from your existing headlight and fit to your new ones :teeth:

Paul