Wouldn't Start!

Peter10

I finished work today at midnight, jumped in the car and it wouldn't start at all :rant::angry: . The starter motor was going but there was no life in the car at all. After about 10 minutes of on/off attempts it started to "try" and start but the life would go out of it, then finally started up. I pulled away and pulled into another car park as I forgot my wallet in the office, came back and the starter motor itself wouldn't even try when turning the key. I turned the ignition off and left it for 5 minutes, try again and it started up first turn.

Obviously this isn't the best description, but I wondered if anyone has had a similar issue and has an idea of what it may be from the off. I do have a warranty on the car when I bought it, but if I can get some sort of idea that would be great. Could it possibly be the battery in the key fob? I don't know if it is somehow linked to the immobiliser?

Cheers

Ruined a good day as the spacers came for the car today, was looking forward to fitting them tomorrow :dry:.

Guest maxiglasgow

I think you might be onto something there. Past cars I have had needed a signal from key to start car so immobiliser might work same on Zed.

I'd get new key battery to eliminate that from the cause.

You sure your left foot was to the floor?

Done that a few times and could have sworn blind my clutch was down but it wasn't

Would explain the total "dead" tries.... but not the starter with nothing kicking over... :blink:

You sure your left foot was to the floor?

Done that a few times and could have sworn blind my clutch was down but it wasn't

Would explain the total "dead" tries.... but not the starter with nothing kicking over... :blink:

:lol: I've done it before but I was certain, I even thought maybe I hadn't so made a conscious decision to do it.

I'll see if I have a spare battery kicking around and see what happens.

Battery dead in key fob. :thumbs:

Are you sure about that? Some cars use an RFID chip in the key fob for immobilisation which does not require a battery.

Jim

But the 350z isn't one of them ;)