Traction control light and slip light on dash!

Beau

Hi guys, I am having a problem with my 350z.

The traction control light and slip light comes on as soon as I drive off. A few times, at low speeds, the abs also kicks is at the front wheels, mainly right. Once restarting the zed, the light is off until I start driving for 50 yards or so. I have read that having the wrong tyre size can cause this. I am running 265 35 19 in the front and 285 35 19 rear both on 9.5" wheels. What size are tyres are you guys running?

I have also read that there could possibly be a problem with the wheel sensor. I have swapped the sensor and the hub and this has not made any change. Also read that low brake's fluid can affect it, but it is fine.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any help much appreciated!

245/35 on fronts (8.5j) 275/35 on rears (9.5j)

Im sure people who run the 285's on rear go for a 30 profile.

Im sure someone with the calculation will be along soon to advise facts

Odd that, only 1.3% off the front and 0.6% off the rear. 30 on the rear on that size wouldn't be brilliant.

I guess maybe your front is a little bit off but i'm not sure that's really the issue here? What about running 255 at the front?

Hmm that would be very stretched on the tyre, and is not what Im after...

I am running 265 35 19 in the front and 285 35 19 rear both on 9.5" wheels.

Your wheel and tyre sizes are fine Beau ......... fronts are +1.27%, rears are +0.65% ...... both well within the 2.5% recommendation

Your wheel and tyre sizes are fine Beau ......... fronts are +1.27%, rears are +0.65% ...... both well within the 2.5% recommendation

Thats what I thought too. I made sure of this when buying the tyres!

So what could the issue be?

Thats what I thought too. I made sure of this when buying the tyres!

So what could the issue be?

That's the extent of my knowledge on this one ... sorry :shrug:

Hmm that would be very stretched on the tyre, and is not what Im after...

What width is the front wheel? Incidentally, I doubt it's the tyre sizes being that close.

All the rim width are 9.5".

All the rim width are 9.5".

That's hardly stretched then. If you're saying 9.5" square, 285 at the rear seems a bit too fat tbh.

I guess you could run through the technical handbook, seems to have masses of stuff on tc.

I have, and I have changed the wheel sensor, and hub, cleaned ect. And no change!

Iv recently had this issue,and then i lost my entire dash and trip computer,no revs,speedo,fuel etc,TC ABS etc. I think iv sourced it down to a faulty relay,as one of the fuses (bottom row nearest the bulkhead) blew,then kept blowing (so to speak :lol: )

Iv got another relay coming tomorrow,hopefully this will fix the issue,but il keep you posted.

Iv recently had this issue,and then i lost my entire dash and trip computer,no revs,speedo,fuel etc,TC ABS etc. I think iv sourced it down to a faulty relay,as one of the fuses (bottom row nearest the bulkhead) blew,then kept blowing (so to speak :lol: )

Iv got another relay coming tomorrow,hopefully this will fix the issue,but il keep you posted.

:lol: I dont think my problem is as bad as yours. Tomorrow I will give thr throttle body a clean and see if this makes any difference. Other than that, I cant see what the problem could be. :shrug: