K&N Typoon Induction kits

bakseedaa

Hi

Has anyone installed these http://www.knfilters.com/search/product ... =69-7078TS kits on their 370z yet. I know the Stillen Gen 3 are the best ones to fit but i cant be bothered with the hassle of fitting them and getting in to clean the filters.

I believe these are a lot easier to fit and they quote good gains 14.2 hp ( i know almost nothing will be gained before a remap) but i want everything done before i make the long journey to Abbey

I was wondering if it would be worth fitting these for the sound and gains or just sticking to some good drop in panel filters

Thanks in advance Paul

If the 350z is anything to go by then open filters in the 370z will loose you power not make it.

Stillen Gen3 and Injens are proven good gains as they put the filters outside of the engine bay. The problem with the Injens is they relocate one of the washer bottles, but in the UK we have 2 bottles (IIRC) so you'd have to work out how to relocate the other.

As always Chris you are on the ball, one day i am going to ask a question you dont know the answer to :lol::lol: (or maybe not)

I really cant be arsed going down the Gen 3 route or the Injen route only because of the hassle of installing them :headhurt:

If you dont think they are worth it what about panel filters?

Not sure how much panel filters will net on their own, but with a freer flowing exhaust (one that replaces the standard Y pipe) they have shown to give a gain with a remap :thumbs:

Ive got the HKS SSM exhaust on already, just been in contact with Tarmac who tells me my Berk HFC should have been delivered at the office today :thumbs: Ive got the Motordyne Resonated XYZ Y pipe on order from b2autodesign.

Ive got a price of £450 including delivery and tax for the Gen 3s but i hear they are a real ball ache to install how long did it take you Chris? I know that you have to enlarge the holes to fit the tubes throgh which i could do but after that im f*^"ed

In all honesty unless you want some bling, I wouldnt bother with the Gen3s. They are quite a bit of expense for no real gain over decent drop ins. Install wise its not so bad, I think it took me about 3hrs in the end, because I was doing everything slowly. Could be done quicker, but I wouldnt want to rush it, I would leave an afternoon to do the work.

IMO I'd just get drop in filters and put the extra money saved towards a remap. You have a good range of mods there, so you should see good gains from a map. Unless you want some extra under bonnet bling B)

Hi, why didnt you buy the XYZ Y pipe from us , we carry these in stock and I can do an awesome deal to include a Uprev remap as well :)

From the cars we have dynoed I feel the gains you get from fitting new filters kits like the Stillen or Ignen aren't worth the money spent buying and fitting.

Also removing the front bumper to fit the filter's can put the bonnet lifter warning lights on so a trip to a dealer is needed to turn these off or we can turn them off for you.

Just some panel filters work very well but the main gains comes from the Uprev remap you can bolt all the parts on you want but the main gains comes from the remap we have proven.

Mark

Are those gubbins in the bumper (literally strapped to the bumper with some wire hanging off) the sensors for the bonnet lifters then Mark? I had a feeling thats what it was for as they arent ok US cars. Good job I didnt disconnect them then!