Key fob 2003 vs. 2011

goodatcrashing

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Nissan changed the key fob type between 2003 and 2011?

Reason for asking; I bought a new key fob from fleabay and was told it was fresh from the factory. I tried to reprogramme it to my 03 UK Zee and it didnt make the lights flash as they're supposed to when programming. Tried reprogramming my original key and that works fine.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-ALMERA-MIC ... 4cf748435c

Both keys are the same shape, texture and 2 button style. However, there is a slight difference on the back cover. The original 2003 key has a flat Nissan logo and has written: Siemens VDO 5WK4 818 433Mhz. The new 2011 key has a raised logo and has written: Siemens VDO 5WK4 876/818 433Mhz.

Anyone have the 2011 style key working on an earlier car?

Thanks for any help!

Haha, yes I have. Multimeter also confirms a healthy 3V.

always good to get the basics out the way first :blush:

do you still have the internasl from your old key, as you could just swap the internals in to the new case? or did you loose the old key, hence buying a new one to tune in to the car.

Ah ha. You found the problem - no transponder...and all without even looking at it. My original key has one, just didnt notice it :bang: . Cor do I feel spesh now.

I thought the transponder was used just to deactivate the immobilizer. Didn't realise it also sent out the signal to the central locking?

Any ideas where I can get one from?

Thanks a bunch rtbiscuit.

Ah ha. You found the problem - no transponder...and all without even looking at it. My original key has one, just didnt notice it :bang: . Cor do I feel spesh now.

I thought the transponder was used just to deactivate the immobilizer. Didn't realise it also sent out the signal to the central locking?

Any ideas where I can get one from?

Thanks a bunch rtbiscuit.

i have about 10 of them ;)

now this is good to see!

new member has problem. well established member helps with problem. problem resolved in under 4 hours :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

As warm and fuzzy as it sounds it is reassuring to know you can be in any shades of effluent and have your problem resolved (or at least some good advice) within a couple of hours!