What RPM?

stuarty

Alright stuarty. After speaking with you the other day a thread cam up by someone else with regards to something similar but more extreme. They were getting popping/knocking etc.

Usually about 700rpm is perfect, most people find running the air con helps smooth it out. Mines idles at around 800-900rpm due to the decats etc I think.

Sounds fine to me too...most cars I have owned sit below 1000rpm and occasionally the needle drops and it shudders a bit then comes back again, in effect just the auto choke type thing working I would have thought?

Mine also sits around 600-650 and there's an occasional knocking and pop from the exhaust, I assumed it was normal? Putting the air con on sorts it out

Yeah mate, i get the odd wee pop from the exhaust as well. Aircon on does help. :teeth:

Leave aircon on all the time. It only kicks in when needed, but somehow manages to smooth out idle a lot. With it off, IMO it idles too low and almost stalls itself. Maybe some kind of imissions thing? :shrug:

Leave aircon on all the time. It only kicks in when needed, but somehow manages to smooth out idle a lot. With it off, IMO it idles too low and almost stalls itself. Maybe some kind of imissions thing? :shrug:

I found my car used to be like that until I cleaned the throttle body good and proper and did all the resets, now it seems fine. :thumbs: