Greetings

Hello all :D

I currently own a 99 spec S2000 and have done for the last year and a half... now this is a year longer then I have ever kept any other car in the 5 years i'v been driving but I now have a hankering for something with *some* low down grunt and a bit more refinement.

I'll be honest, the 350Z has come and gone from my wishlist a couple of times over the last few months... crazy thoughts of TVR T350's, Fez 348's and maybe holding out for a while longer until I can afford a Cayman or new M Roadster have all come and gone but in the end the Z is the option that makes the most sense and is most attainable, however I made up my mind for certain when I saw a Nismo kitted Z last week and for the first time fell in love with a Z!

So now I am on the lookout for a black Z with the full Nismo kit although I am slightly confuzzled by all the wheel varieties, would I be better off getting a standard car and adding the wheels and kit later? Or to hold out and get the exact car I want? How much roughly would each respective option set me back?

My S2000:

2fb7a2b3-1.jpg

To be honest i'm still not 100% sure, I was ready to do exactly the same thing last winter but fell in love with the S all over again this summer, roof down in a tunnel at 9200rpm is a bit of an event but maybe not so great when you can only enjoy it properly for a few months of the year!

Cheers. :thumbs:

Welcome mate!!!

I used to have a black zed and I too wanted the nismo kit! For someone like me (lazy :D ) the thought of sourcing the kit, getting painted and fitted was just a nightmare. So I bought a zed with the kit already on instead :thumbs: But it was yellow :scare:

Megs008.jpg

:teeth:

Looks superb Sarnie :thumbs:

Did you get an estimate on adding the Nismo kit afterwards? What is the rough going rate of a Nismo'd pre facelift Z? :teeth:

I did get quotes which were very :scare: Got quoted a little over £3k for original kit, painting and fitting :wacko: I wanted wheels as well which were coming in at almost the same with tyres :scare: So instead of going through all that palava and spending £6k on a 53 car I sold the zed and bought an 06 one with the kit already added :thumbs:

To be fair to find the exact one you want will be hard. Do you definitley want a black one? Theres a nice blue one here with nismo rims and exhaust and the seller is a user here:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/114896.htm

An orange nismo one here for £25k:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/topmar ... rch=SEARCH

Orange nismo £21k:

http://www.westwaynissan.co.uk/used_veh ... esults.php

:thumbs:

Sarnie, I think a car with the kit prefitted is definitely the way to go for me then... unless it is an ABSOLUTE bargain!

Thanks for the links, I love the look of the blue one but black is really what I must have...

Ian, hello mate! The s2k is a fantastic car but completely different to the Z, as a daily driver the Z will be by far and away the better option but the S2k is something a bit special too :teeth:

Mike, cheers! :D

Captint, I think from my brief stint in a Z that the Nissan FEELS the much quicker car in normal day to day driving, the S2k only really feels like that beyond 9 tenths when you can keep it in that dizzyingly high powerband, like I said they are completely different beasts with near identical all out performance but just deliver it in very different ways and the Z suits what im after B)

Out of interest, what 2 cars did you have after the S2k and before the Z?

Digsy, hello mate :teeth:

I have been having a think today... Ideally the car I would absolutely love would be a post facelift Z, black with the Nismo kit, im thinking in terms of a car I would want to keep for at least 2 years maybe 3 and the only way I will do that is if I get EXACTLY the spec I want.. I am a fussy git :blush:

So today i'm thinking to sell up the S2k in spring - early summer, get myself a £5k beater something like a Civic Type R or similar and save up until the winter to get myself that dream Z B)

Either way, I will be sticking around here a fair bit to glean as much information as possible, thanks to all for a warm welcome and im looking forward to joining the club whenever that might be, cheers! :thumbs:

Remember Michael Jackson had a face lift!!!

Wow random :lol:

So is the facelift not popular around these parts then? Really freshens up the look of the car imo B)

I like the face lift dude, dont worry about this lot, just do what you want and we will all still like it,

Just dont get yellow or we will all laugh at you and poke you with a stick :p

I saw a bone stock Z on the way to go and see the Tenacious D movie tonight... silver too...

God I want one. wotnana.gif

I dont think I will be able to wait to be honest.. :D

Quick newbie question which im certain has probably been asked a thousand times before but how tuneable is the Z? Say what would it take to get a pre facelift car up and past the 300hp mark without going too drastic (ie, FI!)

Guest prescience

Revised plenum, hi-flo cats, higher flow exhaust, a piggy-back EMS (eg UTEC, FCON iS, Unichip) - and about £1800. Probably get around 20 BHp out of that set-up at top-end

Hmm thanks... so it is in a fairly high state of tune like the S2000... what revisions were made exactly to the lump in the post facelift cars?

Cheers!

Why are you getting so hung up for 20bhp?? I doubt whether anyone could really tell that there is any difference in claimed horsepower from one year Zed to another.. the only comment I have heard is the newer model lacks a bit of the midrange over the older car..only a real aficionado could tell by looking at one car to another what model year it is, slight cutout in lip of front spoiler and slightly different bulb configurations in the lights, hardly a reason to dismiss a bargain if it arises in a pre 2006 car :thumbs: