Anyone Using Orange Broadband?

introspect

I've been offered a seemingly great deal on home broadband. Up to 20 meg (they've quoted actual speed will be around 15 meg), unlimited download limit, free N class router with no throttling of speed at any time and a contention rate of 25-1. All this for £7.50 a month with the first 3 months free.

I must admit it seems like a really good deal but I'm hesitating as I'd have to sign up for an 18 month contract so if it turns out to be rubbish I'm stuck with it. It seems a bit too good to be true really. I'm currently paying £25 a month with no contract and get about 8-10 meg download.

Does anyone here use Orange broadband and if so is it any good?

i used them about 3 years ago and they were a bit crap. but they may well be a ton better now.

i'm with Bt but waiting to go back to O2 who were brilliant, only going back once i get fibre optics in. until then i'm stuck with BT

Got Orange Broadband at the moment and it is a bit crap I'm afraid. You wont get 20mb, check the news, only about 1% of the country actually has the capability to get these speeds and there is a push by law makers to stop broadband providers quoting max speeds instead of average speeds which are much lower.

Customer service is okish, but in two years of having it have had to partake in at least six or seven 30 minute phone calls because the broadband has reset itself and wont work. Customer service are complete 'script readers' and are not experts in any way whatsoever.

I am pretty sure there are better providers out there...

Worst internet I've ever had PERIOD. 6 months of constant line drops, slow speed etc. In my opinion, unless you have the new telephone lines, I would avoid any internet through a BT line. Our BT line is so old, that every time it rains, the internet would cut off. Now have Cable (Virgin) broadband and it's a constant 12mb 24/7. Only had about 5 days in the last year without broadband and that was because of some vandalism to one of the hubs (or whatever it is called) down the road.