Explorer v9.0 login issues?

Anyone using Explorer 9.0 to get on the forum?

I know that it is a new version and that some sites are not 100% compatible (our company site is one of them as we are waiting for Adobe to catch up with a compatible flash release), but this is what I am experiencing.

I log in and see a notification that I have successfully logged in. The site directs me to the home page, but I am not logged in :wacko:

The messages tab and also my name (top right next to login) are not displayed.

Shall I downgrade back to Explorer 8.0? ;)

Neil

Hi Neil,

Never use any MicroSpit software, run away :lol:

Use Firefox, Safari, Chrome or Opera.

How in the world would you expect people/companies to change their websites because you have created a new version of your browser?!!?!??! I hate Microsoft!!!

I had similar issues Neil and had to clear cookies and in the process of repeated attempts, to clear the problem misunderstood the 'Preserve Favourites website data' requirement and ticked it :blush:

That said, I have uninstalled I9 as I didn't like the favourites task bar appearance, found it no faster and I kept getting reminders from Dell that my licence did not cover I9. So back on I8 :shrug:

I had similar issues Neil and had to clear cookies and in the process of repeated attempts, to clear the problem misunderstood the 'Preserve Favourites website data' requirement and ticked it :blush:

This seems to be the crux of the issue. It appears to be a "new feature" or at least called something different from IE8 and keeps some data around even when you delete the cookie. Somehow you delete the cookie, but it remembers the session and recreates the cookie when you log in with the old incompatible session :bangin:

Glad you have it working now :thumbs: