Non-genuine rear LED lights

HassanZ

They Look pretty good, but what about the quality, the fit and are they just plug and play or do you need your bulb holders?

I think the main issue would be the quality and fitments.. other than that the price is very good :lol:

I wasn't looking for some, I just stumbled across it whilst searching on Ebay.

The unit looks just like the genuine Nissan ones and the price includes all customs charges etc :scare: Apparently its plug and play also!

The only risk would be the quality of the LED bulbs itself.

Other than that I'm quiet impressed!

Do you think there's some sort of catch?

Anybody tried these?

Anything would be better than the 03-06 ones right? :lol:

I think they look alright .. I'm not sure if it's a bad picture but they don't look as good as the Genuine Nissan ones ...

Someone will probably be along soon with more information ..

:thumbs:

I've never seen the genuine Nissan ones in real yet, so I have nothing to compare them too.

It does mention on the listing that its an 'OEM quality and fitment product' though...

They're not likely to say "less than OEM quality and fitment" though are they? :p

:D

:lol::lol::lol: As a seller, I would not mention that unless I'm confident my products meet those criteria. Especially as a high rated seller.

Maybe I'm being gullible.

What do you guys reckon?

I say everyone contributes a pound towards a set and we can see for ourselves :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I actually have these well 99% sure I do, I bought them off a member thinking they were the genuine nissan ones but then I checked the picture again and realised MY mistake, but I still really like them and very impressed indeed! Any questions you have feel free to ask as I fitted them last weekend so it is all still fresh in my mind

I actually have these well 99% sure I do, I bought them off a member thinking they were the genuine nissan ones but then I checked the picture again and realised MY mistake, but I still really like them and very impressed indeed! Any questions you have feel free to ask as I fitted them last weekend so it is all still fresh in my mind

How about you post some pictures up on how they look, maybe a day and night one ;)

California...it's unfortunate you bought a set thinking they were genuine then turned out non-genuine but it's good to hear you're still happy with them. It's also good to know somebody has a non-genuine set we can receive feedback on.

What's the fitting like? It would also be great if you can get detailed photos of them to see how they compare to a genuine one.

If they do turn out to be of a very high quality and almost identical to a genuine one, for the price it may be worth a punt?

I look forward to your detailed response :teeth:

The fitment is good but not perfect, in the end I had to use an electric wrench type thing to really power them into place. Once fitted they are flush to the car and fine, however the little gromets that go over the bolt holes don't fit on these lights. Perhaps if you buy them new then they might include them? If not you would have to go to covers or somewhere similar and find some that fit. I am going to go over the weekend I am sure they will be cheap (if I can find some) but still bit annoying. You definately need them as when you open the boot you can see the bolts and it just doesn't look right.

I have done my best with the pics but the one lit up did not come out well, but you get the idea :thumbs:

The fitment is good but not perfect, in the end I had to use an electric wrench type thing to really power them into place. Once fitted they are flush to the car and fine, however the little gromets that go over the bolt holes don't fit on these lights. Perhaps if you buy them new then they might include them? If not you would have to go to covers or somewhere similar and find some that fit. I am going to go over the weekend I am sure they will be cheap (if I can find some) but still bit annoying. You definately need them as when you open the boot you can see the bolts and it just doesn't look right.

I have done my best with the pics but the one lit up did not come out well, but you get the idea :thumbs:

Surprisingly they look just like the genuine ones! May I ask how much you paid for yours if you don't mind?

Where exactly were the fitment issues, were they major? Once you powered them into place, can you now tell there were fitment issues or are they proper flush just like the genuine units?

With regards to the bolt hole caps, I'd be surprised if they're not provided with the units.

Would you recommend these light clusters to others?

Thanks for taking the time out to take photos and review them for us :thumbs:

No worries. I paid £62 delivered for them which I thought was a great deal as from what I can see have not ever been fitted. Although I would even say the ones on ebay are a great price also. Once they are fitted there is no alignment issues etc. The issue I had was that once you put them into place the holes are not 100% lined up and that is why they needed the electronic thing to really get them straight on.

I would definitely recommend them, the only difference is these have about 15 or so LED lights whilst the genuine ones have 7 I believe, but who's counting :lol:

No worries. I paid £62 delivered for them which I thought was a great deal as from what I can see have not ever been fitted. Although I would even say the ones on ebay are a great price also. Once they are fitted there is no alignment issues etc. The issue I had was that once you put them into place the holes are not 100% lined up and that is why they needed the electronic thing to really get them straight on.

I would definitely recommend them, the only difference is these have about 15 or so LED lights whilst the genuine ones have 7 I believe, but who's counting :lol:

More LED lights...isn't that a good thing? :p

Hmm for around £130 all-in is a very tempting price in relation to having the nasty 03-06 lights. May consider purchasing one in the future...

I wonder how long the LEDs would last though