DVLA SWANSEA

4RE Leather

Just woundering how many of you have had bad dealings with Swansea DVLA? Shall i duck now???

It's just taken them 6 weeks to send my log book back after 8 emails 3 hand written letters one of which was recorded and 6 phonecalls.

Normally I send stuff to the Truro in Cornwall as they are very quiet and turn most things round in 4 days including log Books but the dealer where I got my Zed went and taxed it at Boreham wood.

It is a good job my car has been of the road with all the agravation as I was intending a road trip to Spain and I am led to believe that you need all the paperwork for the car when visiting this country. Certainly from my coach driving days we had to have the COF and registration documents but had no idea this was for cars as well?

Anyway to the main point. It says on the log book "Number of former keepers 1" which is what I knew but has not named the former keeper. Now I am locked in battle trying to find out who it was as I stipulated that I did not want an ex hire or lease car?

And the log book does not confirm this?

I always thought that it had to show the history.

If anyone can help or knows the History of the car I would be obliged. The reg number is BT58CPU.

Thanks

Peter

Get a form v888 from the DVLA website - it is a request for information and you can get the total history of your vehicle. I have just done it ... cost me £5 and took 2 weeks but got the complete history including former keepers. :)

When buying the car why did you not look at the logbook to check things through before you said yes to it.

Log book was not available for some reason.

And it was changed to disabled use hence the delay it getting it back.

:doh: Live and learn I guess!