carbon fibre bonnet

chocohercules

Hi guys, as im struggling to find a facelift Alu bonnet(bulge) i might consider getting a CF Bonnet instead? :headhurt:

Is there anything I should look out for?

Are they weaker than OEM bonnets? Especially around the latch area, as ive seen a few broken around that area?

After spraying will there be some sort of difference with the finish?

Thanks for any input guys :thumbs:

carbon bonnets are obviously lighter.

probably a little stronger too. the secondary latch can break but i wouldnt worry too much if you get a good quality one

as for after painting, you shouldn't be able to see any difference, unless its dry carbon, in which case you will be able to see the weave pattern in the paint. not sure if you can get a dry carbon bonnet for the 350 so nothing to worry about really :thumbs:

Paul T told me that his carbon bonnet was hardly any lighter that the stock one, so don't assume thats the case, especially if it's a wet lay-up component.

Yup, nothing in the weight.

The oem is aluminium so it's lightweight as it is. The main problem with carbon is delivery. They run the risk of damage and repair is costly. I would recommend purchasing new, as the packing likely to be very good, where as 2nd you run the risk of damaged items. But of course this is not always the case.