Rota GTRs

hadZ

• 4 weeks later...
Am I the only one on this site who doesn't like the GTR's? :shrug:

What do you feel is wrong with them?

They are a copy of the LMGT's but with a better concave and offset and I bet quite a similar weight (speaking from experience as I've owned both) and lighter if you take into account the need for spacers on the LMGTs. Plus if you damage one its easy get another at a reasonable cost.

Of course the LMGT is the dogs danglies of a rim for the Zed but IMHO Rotas are actually a good quality rim - far better than a lot of Halfrauds type stuff you frequently see on Zeds on the forums.

Okay, I'll re-phrase it. lol :p

Am I the only one on here that doesn't like the Rota GTR's and the LMGT's?

I dont like the rota as the Concave is nice and all but generally only on the rear. the wheels look too different being one is flat faced and one has a large concave. And generally for some reason I dont like them on the 350z, but I cant really put my finger on why exactly? Nice wheel but just doesn't work for me. :headhurt::shrug:

Thats why there are millions of designs out there, if we all liked the same thing we'd all have the same.

....I dont like the rota as the Concave is nice and all but generally only on the rear. the wheels look too different being one is flat faced and one has a large concave. ...

The flat face front and concave rear is to give the Zed that "drift" look. If you prefer (as per the Zed in the OP's 1st post) you could run the concave look front and rear (may need to roll the arches though dependant upon offset and suspension setup).

I think these rims look better in the flesh tbh - its all about the "stance" of the Zed rather than a 2 dimensional picture.

Thats why there are millions of designs out there, if we all liked the same thing we'd all have the same.

Oh agreed! - I was just interested to know is all.

I guess the GTRs have been around a few years now and are loosing their fresh look - Personally I prefer the TE37 copy - Rota Grid Drift.