How tuneable is the Zed?

Blackie

A friend of mine is thinking to come from Supras on to 350z's and was wondering how tuneable they are? What sorts of things can you do for what sort of money? What sort of power is possible for not silly money? At the moment he is driving a 400bhp bpu Supra but is tempted to go the way of the Zed :D

search button ;)

up to 400 bhp with a turbo or supercharger, 400bhp onwards will require better engine internals

Not quite ;)

Pretty sure thats been disproved by Nurrish, Myself & now Sam who have all gone above the "safe" 400 mark.

As said before, torque kills these motors - not HP

search button ;)

up to 400 bhp with a turbo or supercharger, 400bhp onwards will require better engine internals

Not quite ;)

Pretty sure thats been disproved by Nurrish, Myself & now Sam who have all gone above the "safe" 400 mark.

Did'nt Nurrish blow his up?! :bangin:

search button ;)

Not quite ;)

but it is a good benchmark for anyone to start with that haven't taken the time to research

search button ;)

Not quite ;)

Did'nt Nurrish blow his up?! :bangin:

No.

A friend of mine is thinking to come from Supras on to 350z's and was wondering how tuneable they are? What sorts of things can you do for what sort of money? What sort of power is possible for not silly money? At the moment he is driving a 400bhp bpu Supra but is tempted to go the way of the Zed :D

Honestly, your best bet is to buy a car already supercharged if you want something akin to that Supra. Like this one -> viewtopic.php?f=56&t=43364

I just flashed, remapped the ECU then delimited it to result in 325bhp on 95 octane, and it's good for 180mph now. So there's a simple mod to put you right up there with the big boys..

Is the standard ECU even remapable? You would need a stand alone like Emanagement or an F-con for custom maps......Maybe...But what would i know, Im only a girl ;)

I just flashed, remapped the ECU then delimited it to result in 325bhp on 95 octane, and it's good for 180mph now. So there's a simple mod to put you right up there with the big boys..

Is the standard ECU even remapable? You would need a stand alone like Emanagement or an F-con for custom maps......Maybe...But what would i know, Im only a girl ;)

stock ECU can be remapped as said by wasso those 3 are the only places that will do it, and it tends to get better results than people running things like greddy emange, UTEC etc.

in some cases running a standalone removes some of the cars functions like the central locking and alarm etc. uprev remap keeps the car on spec but allows a lot of play. can even ahve FI setup on the stock ECU.

stock ECU can be remapped as said by wasso those 3 are the only places that will do it, and it tends to get better results than people running things like greddy emange, UTEC etc.

in some cases running a standalone removes some of the cars functions like the central locking and alarm etc. uprev remap keeps the car on spec but allows a lot of play. can even ahve FI setup on the stock ECU.

I dont want to lose any gadgets, Ive had a Supra for three years and Toyota consider an ashtray light a gadget :teeth: I guess standalones are okay with supporting mods but the link above (Thank you) sounds perfect and at a good price, The days of spending thousands on mods are long gone :)

to retro fit FI the cost vary alot dpending on if you buy new kit or 2nd hand and if you fit it or pay for fitting etc.

supercharger your looking at between 4.5k to 7.5k for the kit + fitting (i may be a little out, someone like ian could give you more accurate figures as he has run a very nice HKS setup)

turbo your looking at between 7k and 15k for a decent twin turbo setup, prices might be less and that i think includes some of the fitting etc, but someone like zmanalex would be able to give you more real world figures as he has run a couple of TT setups.)