M.O.T Fail !

JetSet

Oh Dear, took Carolines Roadster for its first MOT today and it failed. Can you believe that when I took it to have the wheels refurbed they put one of the rear tyres on the wrong way around :angry: . Really surprised that nobody picked up on it at the Oulton Park meeting ;):lol:

EDIT, Fair do's to Lookers, Chester, when I asked if I'd have to pay again (special offer of £34) they said no because someone picked it up before they actually started the test. In fact they wouldn't even take the £34 from me :thumbs:

Pete

I had my old Focus fail for just that reason, except 2 were on the wrong way.

Last time I ever took any car to Dip Shitz (Kwik Fit)! :thumbdown:

Went back to the store and confronted them to be offered £100 off voucher. Explained I wouldn't trust them to change my windscreen wipers after that so got a 50% refund on all 4 corners. Result! :thumbs::lol:

O.K, now fixed :) . The guy who did it said it wasn't the first time he'd put a tyre on the wrong way around and it won't be the last :scare: . They had a nice DB9 in there having a wheel refurb, apparently a hire car!

Pete

Hi Pete,

Sorry this is slightly offtopic and if you've posted this elsewhere but where did you get your wheels refurbed and approximate cost?

My Ray's are little scruffy after I parked a bit too close to a high kerb and I've noticed some "bubbling" on the inside of a couple of spokes recently :scare:

Thanks

Andy

You think fitting a tyre on the wrong way is bad, a guy came into my old work for a set of new wheels to be fitted to his Dicsovery III, he just come from getting it serviced and new brakes at Land Rover. He said while he was hearing a funny noise while he was on his way over and if i could have a quick look while i was fitting the wheels. It turned out the technician at Land Rover (not some dodgy back street garage) fitted all 4 wheels worth of brake pads the wrong way round... As in the pad material was against the piston and the backing bit was against the disk. :headhurt:

How do these people get employed and get to call themselves professionals... :doh:

Hi Pete,

Sorry this is slightly offtopic and if you've posted this elsewhere but where did you get your wheels refurbed and approximate cost?

My Ray's are little scruffy after I parked a bit too close to a high kerb and I've noticed some "bubbling" on the inside of a couple of spokes recently :scare:

Thanks

Andy

Had them done in Saltney, Greeny had his done there too.

http://www.smartrepaircompany.co.uk/

I only had the lips done, they were in a shocking state at £40 per wheel plus VAT. To have the entire wheels done would have been like £150 a wheel, bear in mind though that these are machine polished 20" with a big lip and needed quite a lot of work.

Pete

Had them done in Saltney, Greeny had his done there too.

http://www.smartrepaircompany.co.uk/

I only had the lips done, they were in a shocking state at £40 per wheel plus VAT. To have the entire wheels done would have been like £150 a wheel, bear in mind though that these are machine polished 20" with a big lip and needed quite a lot of work.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I may drop by them and see what they say. I feel they will suggest I get the whole wheel done, the bubbling on all 4 isn't obvious unless you're looking for it but the scuff on the front is.

I'm guessing they would also need them a few days too. I had the same issue on my old Celica which most owners did and I ended up buying replacement OZ's.... i really dont want to go down that route though :lol:

I'm glad your "failure" cost you nothing except a couple of quid in petrol.