370Z Roadster Roof Issue

rogerxp

I've only had my Roadster a couple of weeks but twice now I've got in (keyless), started the car (again keyless), pressed the button but the roof has refused to go down. Got out and checked the boot but that was shut. Drove round the corner, tried again, roof lower no problem. This has happened twice this week, Tuesday & Wednesday, didn't try the roof this morning.

Not had a problem at any other time of the day, just first thing in the morning, not cold outside either. I'll keep trying it to see if it continues.

Has anyone else had any recurring issues like this???

Don't know if it's the same with the Roadster, setting the key to activate all the doors to being unlocked, but it's easy to de-activate it so that only 1 of the doors open, I put that down to the key being in your pocket and being pressed accidently :shrug:

I would guess that this also activates the roof on a roadster, you know, pressing it twice, or holding it for a few seconds longer, can't remember at the mo, but you'll find it in the manual.

• 3 weeks later...

Cant say i have had that same problem,, when i am aboard and the engine is running it works ok.

I have noticed that stood outside and holding in the door button to put the roof down doesnt seem to work every time,, or maybe it only works from one side.

It would be much better if you could use the key fob to both put it up and down, at least then you could keep an eye on the mechanics......

Yes, there are a couple tweaks that I'd suggest to Nissan, if only you thought they'd listen.

Standing holding the door button in, whilst the top opens, if just stupid - you stand there like a complete lemon and can't move. Doesn't save any time whatsoever; might as well just jump in the hold the botton whilst you're getting comfy.

Should work on the key-fob in my opinion. Plus, I wish they're get their head out of the Health & Safety manual and allow you to raise & lower the top whilst moving, say under, 15mpg; can't see any reason why this can't happen (unless you buy the third party SmartTOP system).

The tempremental roof hasn't occured since its refusal to work a few weeks back so fingers crossed it was just a little glitch that has passed.