MoT shake up

Hmmm, interesting that they quote a figure of increased deaths, not quite sure how that came about? A blocked wiper water pipe might be an inconvenience and on a rare occurance might cause an accident its not really a killer on the road, other stuff like faulty CV joints and clutches on the way out that are more dangerous yet these pass through an MoT no problem.

MoT's are not really the solution to safer cars, they are more like a check to make sure the basics work - my dad is a car mechanic and he has noted that service intervals of cars over the years is more the problem. People are skipping services or simply waiting until something goes wrong structurally or mechanically before getting it done, much more dangerous but again something that an MoT really does little to influence.

They should keep it as it is. The amount of cars on the road which are not road worthy, or shall I say illegal is a joke. Wheels ready to fall off, bodywork scraping on the floor, exhausts blowing or broken, excessive exhaust deposits as a result of worn out engines, the most annoying point is faulty lights, front, rear, brake lights the lot.

I'm happy to take my car yearly, if they extend anything more than that, we're just creating a greater window to flaunt the safety of other road users!

They should keep it as it is. The amount of cars on the road which are not road worthy, or shall I say illegal is a joke. Wheels ready to fall off, bodywork scraping on the floor, exhausts blowing or broken, excessive exhaust deposits as a result of worn out engines, the most annoying point is faulty lights, front, rear, brake lights the lot.

I'm happy to take my car yearly, if they extend anything more than that, we're just creating a greater window to flaunt the safety of other road users!

+1

Pete