My performance plans

sl114

Well for now i have been thinking about what to do with the zed coz im at work and want to spend some money over the next few months. SO, i have decided to start on the performance mods and plan out what to get, so here it goes:

K&N Typhoon induction kit

Kinetix Plenum

kinetix high flow cats

Full Nismo cat back system

The possibly a remap on some rollers somewhere but not too sure about that one yet.

So on with the saving up

Tell me about it, im going to do it all in bits and bobs, so probably one bit a month. But will see how it goes.

Yes I am trying to get approval from you knowledgeable folk on here to see if this is a good combination and if anyone has experience with something similar to this and what I could expect from the work?

Tell me about it, im going to do it all in bits and bobs, so probably one bit a month. But will see how it goes.

Yes I am trying to get approval from you knowledgeable folk on here to see if this is a good combination and if anyone has experience with something similar to this and what I could expect from the work?

I have all that you have listed with the exception of the induction kit, mines a Pipercross set up, have a look on my photobucket piccies :thumbs:

would recommend a spacer instead of the plenum, tbh. Same gains (proven many times) and cheaper

Motordyne or even the GB that they are doing over at 350z-tech (for $165 shipped) then get your plenum powdercoated by Ming and you are laughing.

Although, without remap/piggiback, the lot won't make much difference performance wise.

What about handling, instead? Springs, dampers (or coilovers), stiffer sway bars, wheels?

would recommend a spacer instead of the plenum, tbh. Same gains (proven many times) and cheaper

Motordyne or even the GB that they are doing over at 350z-tech (for $165 shipped) then get your plenum powdercoated by Ming and you are laughing.

Although, without remap/piggiback, the lot won't make much difference performance wise.

What about handling, instead? Springs, dampers (or coilovers), stiffer sway bars, wheels?

Whats the difference with a spacer? Im not to clued up on those?

I have been looking at handling too, wheels are staying as i love the RAYS, im not to fussed on ride height, however a stiffer sports setup wont go amiss. Sway bars down the line too, but not right away.

I need to think a lot about what i want to do so the long term plan is reached with no wasted money on pointless mods.

Also need to think about how it will affect the insurance.

Would you reccomend the spacer instead of plenum if FI was planned?

NA= plenum vs spacer is basically the same gains.

Now going FI down the line I'm not too sure, possibly with bigger plenums like the APS or the Crawford ones? Would FI benefit from a bigger plenum = bigger air volume?

On the US boards some say a spacer is plenty (also look at what the Sumo Z has, just a spacer and puts out 500hp) some others prefer the full plenum replacement. I would surely not go FI with a Kinetix plenum anyway, even if they now say the V+ is good for FI (up to XX PSI, can't remember)

the spacer sits between the lower plenum and the upper plenum, as you would expect :lol:

it is different as you retain the oem plenum, you just increase its "width"

have a look at the Motordyne website to better understand

That makes perfect sense, i'll also go look now.

The possibly a remap on some rollers somewhere but not too sure about that one yet.

Remember you'll need a piggy-back ECU to do that, no remapping of the original ECU possible unfortunatly ;)

Ahh thanks for that, i didnt know about piggybacking!