DIY Carbon roof wrap a retards guide by RT & BM

rtbiscuit

Thanks mate, look forward to it :thumbs: Glad I didn't dream it :lol::lol:

Rich,

Did I dream it or did you say you were trying to do something for the wing mirror black nasty bit sometime ago? :wacko: If I didn't dream it any news? If I did just ignore my bank holiday ramblings :blush::lol:

Think you might be a busy boy now you have posted this. :lol:

Good job chaps. :thumbs:

i'm happy to supply the material if people want it. but i don't think i want to get to involved in the wrapping, as i want to focus more on my Hydrographics, and thats seems to have got sidelined at the moment with all the vinyl work

its in the pipe line, :blush: the hydro graphics has got sidelined for a little bit, but some new things from me are due out soon. i suppose its the problem with having a day job :blush::lol: as well as 2nd job.

how much would the material cost to do that?

1370 x 1100 mm would be £50.00 ex p+p not sure on postage costs yet as i'd need to look into sourcing some poster tubes long enough to post it in. but my guess would be between £5-£10

if there was enough interest i suppose i could do a GB on it

as for the black on its own it depends on which black, i.e. matt, satin, gloss, metallic etc, i think gloss would be about half the cost of carbon, and the others i'm not sure on i'd need to contact the manufacturer. i buy direct from the manufacturer so no middle man costs. their minimum order is usually 5 metres. but i can get it by the metre for people if they want other colours.

Hope this answers your question

1370 x 1100 mm would be £50.00 ex p+p not sure on postage costs yet as i'd need to look into sourcing some poster tubes long enough to post it in. but my guess would be between £5-£10

the other blacks i'll find out about.

if there was enough interest i suppose i could do a GB on it

as for the black on its own it depends on which black, i.e. matt, satin, gloss, metallic etc, i think gloss would be about half the cost of carbon, and the others i'm not sure on i'd need to contact the manufacturer. i buy direct from the manufacturer so no middle man costs. their minimum order is usually 5 metres. but i can get it by the metre for people if they want other colours.

Hope this answers your question

oops, yes it does answer my question, thanks lol.

im interested if it comes as a group buy

can you get that wrap stuff in clear coat? was thinking it might be a good idea to protect the hood on the car with it.

yes there is a clear vinyl, but not sure if i can get it with the air release technology. will have to find out.

can you get that wrap stuff in clear coat? was thinking it might be a good idea to protect the hood on the car with it.

yes there is a clear vinyl, but not sure if i can get it with the air release technology. will have to find out.

air release what for something? can you not use the standard heatgun technology?

air release what for something? can you not use the standard heatgun technology?

yes you can wrap with it like normal vinyl, the air release tech just makes it easier, speeds the job up.