Spraying billet ali, help please.

sparky370z

You can get a specific aluminum primer, i think halfrauds do one, you can then use any colour and clear coat on top.

metallic colours need clear coats, gloss colours benefit from them and satin and matt finishes can have a matt finish clear coat if you can find them

short story: yes

Long story:

Prime; gentle rub down 2000 grit

prime; gentle rub down 2000 grit

stage one and 2 can be repeated as many times as you feel it needs a coat, depends on how thick you spray; the quality of the spraying and if it needs more coats or not

leave for 12 hours preferably 24 to allow chemicals to fully evaporate (unless you are using heaters i.e. infra red etc)

apply 2 coats of colour

rub down with 2000 grit

apply 2 more colour

rub down with 2k grit

stage one and 2 can be repeated as many times as you feel it needs a coat, depends on how thick you spray; the quality of the spraying and if it needs more coats or not

leave for 12 hours preferably 24 to allow chemicals to fully evaporate (unless you are using heaters i.e. infra red etc)

apply clear coat, possibly 2 coats,

rub down 2k grit

apply 1 more coat and this should be it

job done :thumbs: