remote keyless entry and push button start for 350

Michael robinson

was having a bit nose about and stumbled on this

http://www.auto-innovatio.com/magento/s ... st800.html

videos of the product in action - http://www.auto-innovatio.com/magento/i ... video.html

was just wonsdering if anyone has any experiences with this as it looks a good bit of kit :thumbs:

thinking of getting one actually , when i get my car back that is :angry: haha

opinions please

I have been keeping my eye on this over on the my350z.com forum.

I like the idea, however do not like the fact that you need to cut a key off and leave it in the barrel to avoid steering lock and that you have to stick the transponder from the key near the barrel too.

Which makes the security much more easier to overcome.

I have already downloaded the installation instructions, which are for an auto Zed tho.

No idea if you can link to the clutch pedal rather than the brake pedal instead for the manual Zed.

Still on the fence about it, wouldn't install the keypad tho.

One other thing my brother pointed out was, how do you check the car is locked once parked up as you are still in range of the proximity sensor and the alarm won't arm until you are a few paces away.

I like the idea, however do not like the fact that you need to cut a key off and leave it in the barrel to avoid steering lock and that you have to stick the transponder from the key near the barrel too.

I have already downloaded the installation instructions, which are for an auto Zed tho.

No idea if you can link to the clutch pedal rather than the brake pedal instead for the manual Zed.

One other thing my brother pointed out was, how do you check the car is locked once parked up as you are still in range of the proximity sensor and the alarm won't arm until you are a few paces away.

Leave the key on a wall and go check :shrug:

It sounds like it'll make the car easier to steal rather than making it more secure, would it be worth it for the "cool" factore?

I didnt realise you had to leave the key in and leave the remote transponder in also ( bad idea ) I just spotted it and thought it was cool didnt have time to read up on it (drink was calling my name haha)

I also wouldn't use the key pad (saying as the lad in the video tells the world what the factory rest code is :doh: )

You could alway give it to the girlfriend and walk back and check.

Do you think it would be a better system if the factory system was removed ?

I didnt realise you had to leave the key in and leave the remote transponder in also ( bad idea ) I just spotted it and thought it was cool didnt have time to read up on it (drink was calling my name haha)

I also wouldn't use the key pad (saying as the lad in the video tells the world what the factory rest code is :doh: )

You could alway give it to the girlfriend and walk back and check.

Do you think it would be a better system if the factory system was removed ?

It has to work in conjunction with the OEM alarm AFAIK

EDIT:

I think it's a stand alone system actually, but I cannot help but find holes it the setup

http://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video ... -350z.html

If you read through it, it claims you don't need your keys anymore, totally keyless sytem, then it says you need a key in the barrel, but also claim that it cannot start the car as the transponder is missing from the key, but then also that you have to put the transponder into a RF immobilliser bypass module, so that the signal can be sent once the key is ACC position (which it already is to circumvent the steering lock).

So in my head tells me, the transponder and key are there so the car can be started. even bypasses the need to put a foot on the clutch in the manual Zed.

Just really don't know how "secure" this alarm system is.

Oh and upon further digging, the whole system originates from Korea and is made by a company called DowonTec

But if you remove the factory security and the car is stolen, I don't fancy your chances at getting a payout

And that too

Leave the key on a wall and go check :shrug:

And what about when you are out and about?

Hand the control module over to a stranger?

I was being sarcastic :p Damn internet not convaying this!

You forgot the

*sarcasm on*

and

*sarcasm off*

bits

viper smart start looks cool

Dose look very cool but is potentially just as weak as the one above, it could be very easily over come by down loading the app and running it through a few special programmes to crack your code/username and matching it to the frequency of your transponder in the car . Would take a while to work out but could be done .

I think after reading morein to these systems I will retract my statement and won't be buying one until they can be proven to be just as Secure as factory =( they look so cool tho :lol:

viper smart start looks cool

Dose look very cool but is potentially just as weak as the one above, it could be very easily over come by down loading the app and running it through a few special programmes to crack your code/username and matching it to the frequency of your transponder in the car . Would take a while to work out but could be done .

I think after reading morein to these systems I will retract my statement and won't be buying one until they can be proven to be just as Secure as factory =( they look so cool tho :lol:

I think the viper smart start only starts the engine, car cant be driven without keys in ignition, so worst they can do if they somehow manage to crack your password/steal your phone and find your car is unlock it.

Is my car secure after I remote start it?

Yes. Our systems keep the vehicle locked securely while it is remote started, and it still requires a key to actually drive the car. If anyone gets in the car and tries to drive it without the key, the car just shuts off.

http://www.viper.com/SmartStart/iPhone/FAQ.aspx

:doh: sorry missed that , I thought it also had the push bottom start Inside :thumbs:

Is my car secure after I remote start it?

Yes. Our systems keep the vehicle locked securely while it is remote started, and it still requires a key to actually drive the car. If anyone gets in the car and tries to drive it without the key, the car just shuts off.

http://www.viper.com/SmartStart/iPhone/FAQ.aspx

:doh: sorry missed that , I thought it also had the push bottom start Inside :thumbs:

You do have a push button start on the ST800 Smart System, just not on the Viper, as they are different systems.

But for the sake of looking cool, I wouldn't want to risk the security flaws.