Corrosion,,,,,

helimeddaz

Yup, That's what I found.

Came back form holiday at the weekend and washed the Z on Sunday. I got to the roof and see what i think is bird crap, but no it's a blister in the paint. 6 inches from the front edge and about the same in from the passenger side. Finger nail size.

Gutted. I can't believe what I'm seeing. My Z is just 2 years old with less than 20,000 on the clock, has been cared for like a baby and has more wax on it the a bumble bee's arse. Anyone from the forum who's seen my car knows how much I look after it.

What to do. I contacted the dealer I use for the service, but the Service manager is away untill next Tuesday, So cant take it in till then.

Can anyone in the know give me some advice on how they may proceed?

I know they'll probably try the stone chip 2 step (I can't see one). but surly the body corrosion coat should have stopped any blistering. I have a couple on the bonnet front edge, but they haven't moved.

The whole roof will have to be re-painted, but in my colour, how that will go I can only guess.

I'm just so dissappointed and feel let down by Nissan for this to happen. It's the most I've ever spent on a car and is my pride and joy. :thumbdown::angry::rant:

I had what sounds to be this exact same thing. Only 2 differences is that mine is an MY03, making it older, and also my rust was right at the front where it meets the windscreen so the bodyshop thought that when the windscreen was changed the person was usiing a sharp tool that let water in although they saw no sign of a break in the paint (all rust was contained under the paint).

Cost me £250 to get it done at a local bodyshop that did a great job. Would recommend them to anyone in the souheast!

In general ive not been impressed by how easily some of the stuff on the zed starts to corrode & rust. The body work on mine looks fine atm. But loads of bolts and nuts around the car look like they should be on a 20 year old Rover.

Stuff like the bolt/screw which is on the door jam near the lock. Its so badly corroded and rusty on mine it really stands out, when the rest of the door is shiny and looks new. The exhaust system was so badly corroded, in the end i had to cut it off with an angle grinder. Its stuff like this you really dont expect on such a young car. The 11 year old Volkswagen Golf I just got rid of was a pleasure to work on. Underneath looked nearly new and whenever i did any mechanical work on it, i never ever had any rusty bolts to contend with.

Really makes you wonder how the car will look by the time it becomes 10 or 11 years old.

Pictures? You sure it's past the clearcoat?

Clay bar/paint cleanser would be first port of call if you haven't tried them already.

Yup ! It's blistered. It's a raised blemish. When i pressed it it cracked and paint fell off. Digusted. I wondered if anyone here might have an inside track on how I should proceed with Nissan. with the dealer or direct with customer services? :thumbdown:

Clay bar/paint cleanser would be first port of call if you haven't tried them already.

Yup ! It's blistered. It's a raised blemish. When i pressed it it cracked and paint fell off. Digusted. I wondered if anyone here might have an inside track on how I should proceed with Nissan. with the dealer or direct with customer services? :thumbdown:

Bugger :( Surely the dealer you got it from?

Bugger :( Surely the dealer you got it from?

No. Bought it new in London from WLMG. I'm up here in Yorkshire. So going to my local dealer in Halifax on Tuesday. :)

• 2 months later...

car is covered with a 7 (?) year anti perforation warranty, provided you service booklet has been stamped to say it has had an annual inspection at the time of service.

Without this, you're screwed.

Provided it looks like there has been no stone chip, leading to corrosion, then you will be covered under warranty.

If there has been a stone chip present, and then it corrodes (this happened on my Zed roof), then you're screwed and its for your own account.