10-15mm drop...what suspension options available?

andyvvc

Im toying with the idea of lowering the new Zed ever so slightly. The last one was a 25mm drop all round on Eibachs, running standard 18" RAYS. New Zed is a HR model with 19" LMGT4's and stock springs...it does seem to pitch and roll a little in the corners compared to my last one!

Ideally aim looking for a small drop of only 10 or maybe 15mm all round, to reduce the roll effect and gaps between the tyres and arches, whilst not compromsing all-round usability or preventing alignment from being correctly set.

Are there any spring kits available that will drop the Zed by a small amount?

Looks like Jez at Horsham Developments sells, fits and then laser aligns :) I'm booked in with him for he 27th. But im now wondering if i should get slightly different springs...?

My car has standard springs and clearance to the arch is: 35mm front, 55mm rear.

Seems to me i need to drop the front about 10mm, and the rears 15+ ? But the TEIN S are the other way around, 17mm drop front, 14mm rear...

Any thoughts?

The tein and other springs are that way to maintain the front to rear height ratio which is important for handling and weight transfer.

You obviously are after a cosmetic drop :p and the only way to get the perfect arch gaps will be with coilovers that are height adjustable. All good springs (eibach, tein, h&R etc) will be designed to match the damper of the zed and also preserve the height ratio.

The tein and other springs are that way to maintain the front to rear height ratio which is important for handling and weight transfer.

You obviously are after a cosmetic drop :p and the only way to get the perfect arch gaps will be with coilovers that are height adjustable. All good springs (eibach, tein, h&R etc) will be designed to match the damper of the zed and also preserve the height ratio.

Nice one! Jez is going ahead with the TEIN order. Looking at Darren's pics, it looks spot on i reckon!