Leaking power steering fluid :-(

slimjim

Spotted when I first has the car that there was a slight leak from the front. Looked like a loose pipe connecting to the radiator.

When I was under it a few weeks ago, I cleaned it all up and stuck some extra jubilee clips on it.

Just noticed, it is all gunked up again :headhurt:

Is this a known problem? and do people think it will be the rad or the pipes?

Plus, where is best to get any replacements from? :pmzmanalex: ?

I had the same problem with my old Zed, it turned out that the hose had perished on the end so the jubilee clip wasn't really doing anything.

I just replaced the small section of pipe and a couple of clips and it was fine after that. :thumbs: The front bumper would have to come off so that you can get to it though.

Think I may have to take the bumper off for a decent look at the problem.

I will PM you when I know what part I need. Cheers Al.

Anyone have a link to a STEP BY STEP guide for taking the bumper off?

Only one I can see is a list of steps and a pants exploded diagram. :(

Thanks guys! :thumbs:

Well, don't know if this will help, but the problem I had with power steering fluid leaking turned out to be the high pressure pipes somewhere in there seeing some weather and getting ever so slightly perforated. The part has been uprated by Nissan, and it's been fine ever since. :thumbs:

3714200.gif

Might have been 12 & 13 down to 15 from this diagram? (random Google image search, so may be completely wrong!) When Steve @ Falcon showed me the goosed bits, it certainly looked like a bit of a spiders web of pipes anyway! :blush::lol: