Everyone loves a good oil thread

bigmike20vt

or not.................

OK i know i am being a bit tight but is there really much difference in semi synth oils?

I spoke to marshals and they said i can save 46 quid on a service if i supply my own oil, and that that use Castrol semi synth 5/40

If they were using mobil 1 fully synth i would go for it, but if its just castrol standard semi synth is is worth 46 quid?

according to Halfrauds this suits the 350z.... but do you guys think it is any good?

20 quid is better in my pocket than Marshalls (and the free scredrivers may come in handy)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165581

cheers

M.

Personally, I would not use anything other than fully synthetic oil. The previous owner of my car put the wrong type of oil in, and it's caused a top-end rattle somewhere .

For the sake of saving a few quid, I'd rather use the best oil I could find which offers the most protection.

the thing is, the main dealer uses semi synth, or does almost everyone take their own oil along?

there was an oil offer at opies on the castrol edge but it ended a few days back, besides i doubt i would get it delivered in time.

is fully synth really better than semi then/

I would be interested to see an impartial comparison of 3 engines 1 run on fully synth, 1 run on semi and one run on tescos value engine oil for 60K miles all stripped down.

Under no circumstances run your beloved Zed on Semi :thumbdown:

It must be fully sync and preferably 5W 30 :yahoo:

If you wish some fully sync shipped out then I can offer Motul fully sync 5W30 for £49.95

Genuine Nissan (white) oil filters also in stock as well as crush washers. :thumbs:

Drop me a pm if I can help you further.

Alex :)

thanks for your thoughts....

bloomin pain that the zed needs 4.7l of oil, all the good stuff seems to come in 4l cans.

ZMANALEX that 50 quid stuff, will that be enough for a full service? ie 5l?

cheers

M.

edit.....

the fully synth 5/30 castrol magnatec is 20% off at halfords, I am thinking that would be a good compromise.

but would i get away with 4l or will i need to buy 2 tubs and have some left over for topups / next time?

cheers

M.

i use mobil 1. its expensive but i think the z deserves it.

Mobil 1 isnt very good though, expensive and based on semi synths and alot of detergents have been take out. I always take my own oil for a service but Im going to do the oil change on my car from now on.