Locking Tyre Valves

Beaso

The previous owner put on`Z` logo, locking tyre valve caps, and 2 of them have corroded, so the allen key has no effect. :headhurt:

Has anyone had same problem ?

I`ve tried wd40 etc, but no movement. Do you think I should try drilling it out... carefully of course ?

You could try, have you got a spare wheel though or another car of you boo boo? Might as well be a trip to a tyre fitters. I had a lovely set of 370 logo ones on mine, for about a week before they were nicked :angry: and like previous cars I've put fancy caps on, I put a bit of copper grease on the valve threads :thumbs:

its mostly caused by the 2 metals reacting with each other causing them to seize on. (the valve and valve cap metals) hence you should never put metal valve caps on Tyre pressure monitor valves (thats why they have silver plastic caps on from new)

Best bet is get it to a tyre place, they will break the bead whilst it is blown up still. cut the old valve out and replace with a new one.

I have had to do this many times for people.

heard of this happening before with cheap ebay Z caps. You'll probably split the rubber valve when removing them so perhaps best to do this at a tyre fitters so you can have new valves fitted if they should tear.

I have richbrook locking ones and have no issues with these