Two new tyres?

scottyd

Yeah, had a similar bulge on my Clio but on the inside so although there was plenty of tread left it didn't escape the eye of The M.O.T tester. Changed the tyre right away as years ago I ignored a small bulge on my GT6 and it turned into ann egg size bulge a few weeks later. :scare:

Pete

cheers for the advice do I need to change both really?

Depends -

-yes if you want good balanced handling.

-No if you want to provoke another heated debate about the perils of mismatched tyres and unleash upon us the might and fury of all those who seek to impart this thinking.

Bottom line - change both :boxing:

Then I would suggest taking the tyre to Bridgestone head office and setting fire to it in protest. :thumbs:

cheers for the advice do I need to change both really?

Depends -

-yes if you want good balanced handling.

-No if you want to provoke another heated debate about the perils of mismatched tyres and unleash upon us the might and fury of all those who seek to impart this thinking.

Bottom line - change both :boxing:

Then I would suggest taking the tyre to Bridgestone head office and setting fire to it in protest. :thumbs:

Haha sounds like a plan! I know one thing for sure my new tyres wont be bridgestone :yuck:

What tread does the other tyre have? If its over 4mm I wouldn't bother buying two.

Yes i'l probably get shot down for this, but if its the same tyre your replacing (same tread pattern) a few mm difference in tread will not make any noticable difference and save you a fair bit of money.