Carlimits May 1st

neo-ninja

Howdy peeps,

Just paid for a carlimits session on May 1st, first every thing like this so dead excited/ actually a little nervous :blush:

But was just reading that i need to over inflate my tires to stop them from getting uneven ware etc.. do others do this?

Also do you find that you use a full tank of fuel? Anything else other then oil and fluids, that i need to check/ do?

Thanks all!

Inflating the tyres has 2 reasons. It stops the car having too much grip, which means it will let go at much lower speeds, but also in the high speed turns, it stops the sidewall from potentially folding under the rim which would in turn ram the rim into the floor :surrender: And actually, when I pumped mine up to the max, the Falkens were still rolling over quite a lot and getting quite near the wear triangles on the sidewalls.

So in my opinion pump them up to around 5PSI shy of the max rated pressure (a little lower to allow for them heating up) :thumbs:

Inflating the tyres has 2 reasons. It stops the car having too much grip, which means it will let go at much lower speeds, but also in the high speed turns, it stops the sidewall from potentially folding under the rim which would in turn ram the rim into the floor :surrender: And actually, when I pumped mine up to the max, the Falkens were still rolling over quite a lot and getting quite near the wear triangles on the sidewalls.

So in my opinion pump them up to around 5PSI shy of the max rated pressure (a little lower to allow for them heating up) :thumbs:

+1 to this, they advise it on the day too.

Would love to sign up to this to join you and Darren but I've just bought a new set of tyres and didnt want to christen them on an activity day :) have a great day.

Ok with regards to sounding a bit thick, what should they be if they are the recommended bridgestones?

cool thanks guys, so just to be certain im probably driving an hour to get there, so i should wait until petrol station before, fill up on air to around 5psi below top limit, refuel, and then go to airfield.

Then on way home do teh same again but empty air out of tires.

should i expect to completly empty a full tank of fuel? How many miles do you actually cover? in the day?

I managed (just!) on one tank all day, that was getting there, doing the day and getting home. I live about 1.5hrs away (forget the distance now). There is a BP fairly near. You will also find people have compressors on they day, but get there early if you want to borrow someones as once they want to start, you will need to be ready.